Horner musta found a McDonalds!!

I've had the older Ventos, which were Chorus level Shamals, and weighed 175
at the time as a gear mashing rouleur. They are great and damn near
maintenance free. If you plan on running 10 speed you will need to change
the freehub (to an UltraDrive 9/10 compatible model), which can be purchased
from the folks at Branford Bike in Connecticut
(http://www.branfordbike.com). Otherwise, the 8 spd. freehub body will work
with 9 spd., but I think that's only with Exa-Drive cassettes. Overall
though, I'd say these wheels are good for everything except really serious
climbing. Do note though that Pantani raced them to victory in the mountain
stages of the 1998 Giro and Tour, albeit high off his ass with molasses
thick blood.

"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>
> > They seemed pretty solid to me when I was about 185.
> >
> > They are nice wheels, although I believe I did dent the front once. I

had to

Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> I've had the older Ventos, which were Chorus level Shamals, and weighed 175
> at the time as a gear mashing rouleur. They are great and damn near
> maintenance free. If you plan on running 10 speed you will need to change
> the freehub (to an UltraDrive 9/10 compatible model), which can be purchased
> from the folks at Branford Bike in Connecticut
> (http://www.branfordbike.com). Otherwise, the 8 spd. freehub body will work
> with 9 spd., but I think that's only with Exa-Drive cassettes. Overall
> though, I'd say these wheels are good for everything except really serious
> climbing. Do note though that Pantani raced them to victory in the mountain
> stages of the 1998 Giro and Tour, albeit high off his ass with molasses
> thick blood.
>

>>Carl Sundquist wrote:
>>

>>>They seemed pretty solid to me when I was about 185.
>>>
>>>They are nice wheels, although I believe I did dent the front once. I

> had to
>
>>>call Oschner to get a replacement and it wasn't very cheap.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Wayne