Hospital sucks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Westie, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Westie

    Westie Guest

    Blah! Just got back from hospital. And, as Shaun would say, Hospital sucks.

    Had my appendix out on Tuesday evening. Perfect end to a perfect day that started with the sore
    stomach at 9.00am that led to the 2 hour Ambulance ride with morphine (cool) at 4.30pm and surgery
    at 10.00pm. I managed to find the only Doctor on the planet that still believes in slicing people
    wide open for an appendectomy and not using those neat little endoscopes that only leave a coupla
    little holes.

    The recovery time is gonna be a few weeks. Atleast until I do anything remotely serious on the bike
    (The consequences of not letting the abdomen wall heal properly and falling make me feel a little
    squeamish.) It's a shame because it's a beautifully hot late summer and in another couple of weeks
    the last of the southern hemisphere good weather will be gone and I'll only have winter to look
    forward to! Bummer!

    No, really, I'm happy to be home and am appreciating the little things in life - like sipping water
    and eating jelly and being able to pee. You don't appreciate those things until you can't!

    --
    Westie

    Tags:

  2. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Blah! Just got back from hospital. And, as Shaun would say, Hospital sucks.

    Yes they do, but I suppose the alternative is worse.

    Glad you made it OK - I've had mine out too.

    Here's to your rapid recovery...

  3. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Blah! Just got back from hospital. And, as Shaun would say, Hospital sucks.
    >
    > Had my appendix out on Tuesday evening. Perfect end to a perfect day that started with the sore
    > stomach at 9.00am that led to the 2 hour Ambulance ride with morphine (cool) at 4.30pm and surgery
    > at 10.00pm. I managed to find the only Doctor on the planet that still believes in slicing people
    > wide open for an appendectomy and not using those neat little endoscopes that only leave a coupla
    > little holes.
    >
    > The recovery time is gonna be a few weeks. Atleast until I do anything remotely serious on the
    > bike (The consequences of not letting the abdomen wall heal properly and falling make me feel a
    > little squeamish.) It's a shame because it's a beautifully hot late summer and in another couple
    > of weeks the last of the southern hemisphere good weather will be gone and I'll only have winter
    > to look forward to! Bummer!
    >
    > No, really, I'm happy to be home and am appreciating the little things in life - like sipping
    > water and eating jelly and being able to pee. You
    don't
    > appreciate those things until you can't!
    >
    > --
    > Westie

    I had my appendix out many years ago. I was pulling bongs and creating general havoc in the area no
    more than 24 hours after surgery.

    Of course, I was a simple, young lad then....

    An appendectomy is no fun, but it is really nothing. I did what you did. Had pain, called the doc,
    went to the doc, went to the hospital, and the appendix was out 45 minutes later. Feel lucky that
    you got it out, and they knew what was wrong.

    Good luck, and dive in as fast as you can.

    darsh

  4. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Blah! Just got back from hospital. And, as Shaun would say, Hospital sucks.
    > >
    > > Had my appendix out on Tuesday evening. Perfect end to a perfect day
    that
    > > started with the sore stomach at 9.00am that led to the 2 hour Ambulance

    <snip whole heapa stuff>

    > Good luck, and dive in as fast as you can.
    >
    > darsh

    Thanks guys. You are right, of course. It's a minor problem that was, thankfully, resolved quickly
    and effectively! Guess that I'm just not used to sitting around doin' very little! Cheers.
    --
    Westie