Hot foot vs. numb feet?

Steve Christens

Guest
Anyone care to distiguish between hot foot and numb feet?

When I'm out riding on my high BB bike I will sometimes get hot-numb feet-foot, especially when
hammering for awhile. But it quickly goes away if I wiggle my toes or lighten up on the pressure on
the balls of my feet by pulling more.

I have called this hot foot, because it seems more pressure related, and it goes away so easily. My
impression is that numb feet stays with you once it develops.

Comments?

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone care to distiguish between hot foot and numb feet?
>
> When I'm out riding on my high BB bike I will sometimes get hot-numb feet-foot, especially when
> hammering for awhile. But it quickly goes away if I wiggle my toes or lighten up on the pressure
> on the balls of my feet by pulling more.
>
> I have called this hot foot, because it seems more pressure related, and it goes away so easily.
> My impression is that numb feet stays with you once it develops.
>
> Comments?
>
> Steve Christensen Midland, MI

You have got that exactly right Steve. Hot foot can be cured. Others on this newsgroup will supply
you with all the many causes and remedies (also see thread "Starting to believe in High BB"). Numb
feet most likely can not be cured. It is caused by a blood circulation problem due to the high BB.
The only remedy I know of is to get the BB lowered. On most high BB bikes it is not possible to do
this. Voila, you may be looking at having to get a different bike with a lower BB. I truly hope not
but numb feet are no fun.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota