Hot of the press: Zabel leaves T-Mobile

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Jonathan v.d. Sluis <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> "RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:16:28 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> What makes you think the Discovery team cares about having an
>>> American hero
>>> or that Americans are going to be caring about bicycle racing any
>>> more?

>> Because the sponsors will care.
>>
>> Ron

> But Discovery Channel also has European interests. Their sponsorship
> of a pro cycling team might be aimed at that market rather than the
> US.

Exactly. They are flooding the French TV stations with promotion of their
service. You spend less where the market is stable and predictable, and
more where you need to make initial penetration.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:28:41 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:16:28 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>What makes you think the Discovery team cares about having an American
>>>hero
>>>or that Americans are going to be caring about bicycle racing any more?

>> Because the sponsors will care.
>>
>> Ron

>But Discovery Channel also has European interests. Their sponsorship of a
>pro cycling team might be aimed at that market rather than the US.

Oh, I'm sure that's a factor, and not ignored. They aren't the only sponsor.

How badly does Shimano want to keep their position in the US market. Think
Tailwind is getting a LOT more than free parts out of this? Hell yeah.

Trek really cares about the American market. So do Nike and Oakley.

I don't have a clue what a Berry Floor is so can't speak to them.

Ron