Hot spots in the pad of my foot

jlm7424

Aug 15, 2005
i wear a nike carbon road shoe w/ shimano cleat
i get very bad soreness in pad of foot approximatley 1 inch behind
toes , i used to suffer from plantar faschitas in the rear of my foot pretty bad and it has subsided quite a bit is this related ? or just bad cleat alingment

any suggestions are much appreciated thanks m.jones

is their an exceptionaly great comfotable shoe i should try ?

:D my ride 2004 trek 5200 trpl

I had a patient who had swithced to those shoes and had some issues with hot foot. The solution was to go back to his old shoes. The stiffness in some of the new shoes and pedals is so much harder on the feet that they can compress the foot and cause lots of issues. check out this article I did on pezhttp://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4249

jlm7424 said:
toes , i used to suffer from plantar faschitas in the rear of my foot pretty bad and it has subsided quite a bit is this related ? or just bad cleat alingment

I had the same problem, especially on rides over 60 miles. After adjusting my cleats further back, the pain went away. I would reccomend small adjustments at a time. There are many reasons for hot foo, but this helped me.
Good Luck

i'm still insanely using shimano spd (old spd technology) and the ball of my foot along with my toes seems to go to sleep almost every ride. just got used to it.

didnt have that issue with Look's

I've found Specialized shoes comfortable and less 'hot'(I've had Shimano shoes before that). They have the metatarsal(sp) raised section in the middle of the inner sole and a little bit wider than some.

if SIDI's are worth the money i'd surely like to know

and are speedplay pedals worth their rep in the pro peleton?

Eilert Pilarm said:
if SIDI's are worth the money i'd surely like to know

and are speedplay pedals worth their rep in the pro peleton?
I still use SPD, but use a good quality SIDI shoe. This has made a difference.
Also, a big help was my switching to Shimano PD-A520 road pedal. It gives a little bigger base than the standard spd pedals, which helps dispurse the pressure.

jlm7424 said:

Sorry i have been away , and neglected my thread i appreciate everyones comments thank you matt.