Hotdogs ain't healthy

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Kakashi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

Hotdogs is a delicious, cheap, and easy to eat snack that can be a delicious meal for people on the go but did you know that it's really not healthy. Hotdogs nowadays are made out off fatty meat cuts, fats, trimmings and other cheap and undesirable cits of meats, there's also a lot of sodium / salts in it along with flavorings and seasonings to make it appetizing.
    Whatever protein it has is negated by the amount of salts hotdogs has. It's a veritable health risk that can contribute to heart disease and stroke.

Tags:

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

What we do with hotdogs is to make slits on the side so the heat can penetrate the interior. And we cook it very well just to be sure because it is a processed food and may have chemicals. I agree that hotdog is not a healthy food but just like other junk food, it is very nice to eat especially with the children, it is always a big hit. My nephew can eat 8 hotdogs in one sitting and that includes bread and soda.

3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Not all hot dogs are made the way you described, ALL beef are the best and are just as healthy for you as eating...well beef! there are also chicken and soy dogs but those are nasty tasting in my opinion.

4. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

The issue that we are having generally with meals is that some of them are not prepared the way that we can really get the best out of it. I have always taken out time to prepare my hotdog at home for that is the best way to get better nutritional value out of it.

5. DenisP

DenisP Member

I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a proper hotdog. And by “proper” hotdog I mean the cheap stuff that shady vendors sell on city street corners, haha. Ever since I’ve moved to a rural town, my family and I have been making all our food at home—the types of foods that you’d normally buy at the supermarket.

For example, we’ve gotten into making our own salamis and sausages, and as an experiment, we tried making homemade hotdogs as well. They definitely taste far more “gourmet” and sometimes don’t hit the spot if you’re just looking for that classic, cheap flavor, but they are definitely dozens of times healthier.

6. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

Once I tried to eat this veggie dog which the vendor told me was made of Soy well it was like eating processed tofu and I can't taste any flavor just the ketchup and mayo. But I do like chicken dogs and turkey dogs, I think they're more healthier than the pork and beef ones. I specially like spiced chicken cheese dogs, those which have light color and pimiento bits and melted cheese...yum!

7. treecko142

treecko142 Member

Most of the commercial hotdogs are really not healthy and full of preservatives and sodium; it's best to stick with other on-the-go foods that are healthier, or just buy food where the nutritional facts are indicated and make your decisions off that.