Hotdogs ain't healthy

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Hotdogs is a delicious, cheap, and easy to eat snack that can be a delicious meal for people on the go but did you know that it's really not healthy. Hotdogs nowadays are made out off fatty meat cuts, fats, trimmings and other cheap and undesirable cits of meats, there's also a lot of sodium / salts in it along with flavorings and seasonings to make it appetizing.
Whatever protein it has is negated by the amount of salts hotdogs has. It's a veritable health risk that can contribute to heart disease and stroke.

What we do with hotdogs is to make slits on the side so the heat can penetrate the interior. And we cook it very well just to be sure because it is a processed food and may have chemicals. I agree that hotdog is not a healthy food but just like other junk food, it is very nice to eat especially with the children, it is always a big hit. My nephew can eat 8 hotdogs in one sitting and that includes bread and soda.

Not all hot dogs are made the way you described, ALL beef are the best and are just as healthy for you as eating...well beef! there are also chicken and soy dogs but those are nasty tasting in my opinion.

The issue that we are having generally with meals is that some of them are not prepared the way that we can really get the best out of it. I have always taken out time to prepare my hotdog at home for that is the best way to get better nutritional value out of it.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a proper hotdog. And by “proper” hotdog I mean the cheap stuff that shady vendors sell on city street corners, haha. Ever since I’ve moved to a rural town, my family and I have been making all our food at home—the types of foods that you’d normally buy at the supermarket.

For example, we’ve gotten into making our own salamis and sausages, and as an experiment, we tried making homemade hotdogs as well. They definitely taste far more “gourmet” and sometimes don’t hit the spot if you’re just looking for that classic, cheap flavor, but they are definitely dozens of times healthier.

Once I tried to eat this veggie dog which the vendor told me was made of Soy well it was like eating processed tofu and I can't taste any flavor just the ketchup and mayo. But I do like chicken dogs and turkey dogs, I think they're more healthier than the pork and beef ones. I specially like spiced chicken cheese dogs, those which have light color and pimiento bits and melted cheese...yum!

Most of the commercial hotdogs are really not healthy and full of preservatives and sodium; it's best to stick with other on-the-go foods that are healthier, or just buy food where the nutritional facts are indicated and make your decisions off that.

Hotdogs is a delicious, cheap, and easy to eat snack that can be a delicious meal for people on the go but did you know that it's really not healthy. Hotdogs nowadays are made out off fatty meat cuts, fats, trimmings and other cheap and undesirable cits of meats, there's also a lot of sodium / salts in it along with flavorings and seasonings to make it appetizing.
Whatever protein it has is negated by the amount of salts hotdogs has. It's a veritable health risk that can contribute to heart disease and stroke.
Good quality hot dogs are still made out of the same meat cuts they always have been. Oscar Meyer and the like are not PARTICULARLY unhealthy - most of the cheaper cuts of steak have more fats and gristle in them.

The issue that we are having generally with meals is that some of them are not prepared the way that we can really get the best out of it. I have always taken out time to prepare my hotdog at home for that is the best way to get better nutritional value out of it.
Casper's or Kasper's hot dogs with everything on them are really good. And they aren't unhealthy unless you make them a common part of your diet.

Ribeye and Filet Mignon steaks are not a cheaper cut, they're loaded with fat, they call marbling, which is what makes them so tender and soft to eat...but I rarely eat those cuts because they are so loaded with fat. Sure the marbling is thin, but it's laced throughout the steak, and all that fat can't be good for you. If I eat a steak I either go for a porterhouse, top sirloin, T-bone or tri tip. Our household we don't eat a lot of red meat per say, we may eat it twice a week, sometimes 3 times, I'm not some overboard health nut, so if I'm in the mood for a steak then I'm eating a steak, and it's not that I would never eat one of the marbled types of meat, but I might eat one once or twice a year.

I do have to watch my cholesterol levels, they range from borderline to just below borderline. The doc told me once I shouldn't be eating butter and eat margarine instead; well, my wife had breast cancer and the cause of her breast cancer was from the same stuff they make margarine out of (that's all we ate for years prior to her getting cancer), so I asked the doc if the ingredients in margarine could cause cancer, he said yes with some hesitation, so I told him I would take my chances with butter and not margarine! Over the last 5 years I switched off of pure butter to a olive oil butter, it has less cholesterol stuff then butter has, but the drawback is it doesn't taste as good as butter but better than margarine.

Dogs have never been healthy food though. If you take into account what they can do. This dish can be considered inedible

I now concur with you, I did some research and Hot Dogs of any variety, all beef or not, are not that great for you if the added ingredients are subject. A "healthy" hotdog should have less than 150 calories, less than 14 grams of fat, less than 6 grams of saturated fat, and sodium not to exceed 450 milligrams; so if you can find a dog that falls under those guidelines than that dog isn't as bad as other dogs. Chicken dogs from Trader Joes will fall way under those guidelines; but even veggie dogs can exceed those guidelines, so just because you went and got veggie dogs doesn't mean you won. If you want a true all beef hotdog then Applegate Farms Uncured beef dogs are the best, they are grass fed beef without hormones or antibiotics used