hotness on wheels (actually, the wheels are the hotness)

bobbyOCR

Aug 31, 2005
000_0293.jpg

Iddin it coot. Just to add to the long list of happy customers, Lightweight Obermayers are an amazingly stiff wheelset. Stiffer than the R28 could dream to be. And they are light too.

Please post pics of your own bikes (this forum needs a thread like this)

Well I just got some X-treme Matrix elites which make me feel all warm and fuzzy, plus they match my flet F1C reeeeelll good. :D :D

Sorry ain't got no photo's.

But anyway, it's not about the bike... or something like that...

Bobby are you trying to tell us you have either got yourself, or have had somebody let you have some lightweights????

Either way...you lucky sod!

Phill P said:
Bobby are you trying to tell us you have either got yourself, or have had somebody let you have some lightweights????

Either way...you lucky sod!
hehehe. Yeah. Very short term loan. I'm not technically 'allowed' to ride on them. The commisassholes will shoot me.

Very nice looking BMC and all. It'll look even hotter when you can upgrade your crankset. :D

sogood said:
Very nice looking BMC and all. It'll look even hotter when you can upgrade your crankset. :D
There is nothing wrong with 105. It looks like a DA crank. What is wrong with that? (Campy chorus carbon!!!!!)

bobbyOCR said:
There is nothing wrong with 105. It looks like a DA crank. What is wrong with that? (Campy chorus carbon!!!!!)
I think sogood was referring to swapping the big ring up to a 53 as you move out of the junior ranks.

And I concur. That is one HOT bike and set of wheels.

n

rudycyclist said:
How much do those wheels weigh?
less than the crankset :D

1012g for the set (Gen I Obermayers)

he's got heavy tyres on ATM (Evo KS) at 270g per tyre.
He isn't scared to ride them anymore, he has LEW Pro VT-1 (<880g for the set) coming.

bobbyOCR said:
Yes, I was referring to the chainring more specifically. The crank is fine. ;)

Is it true that Lightweight's wheels can't be trued locally?

sogood said:
Yes, I was referring to the chainring more specifically. The crank is fine. ;)

Is it true that Lightweight's wheels can't be trued locally?

They can't be trued at all.

bobbyOCR said:
hehehe. Yeah. Very short term loan. I'm not technically 'allowed' to ride on them. The commisassholes will shoot me.
Bike looks great. Wheels maybe light, functional and have everything else going for them but looks. Personal opinion, but in the looks department they let the bike down. Chuck some 'Spokey Dokeys' on them, hang a basket from the handlebars with a plastic flower and put a Weetbix card in those rainbow spokes, you may be able to flog it off to my blind budgie. Chuck your old wheels back on before you get laughed out of the pelaton.

Very slick looking bike.. the wheels are a beauty..
The rainbow spokes are a whimsical choice.. considering the rest of your bike looks a very austere black and grey.
Would be interested to know how aero they are.

Here's mine. Not quite as beautiful as Bobby's, but it's all I can afford right now. But I think BMC is my new "lust" brand.

bike.jpg

bobbyOCR said:
They shouldn't need to be trued at all.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is it about the design that negates the need for truing at one stage or another?

n