Hotter 'N Hell

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Carl R. Murdock, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.

    Should be Hot, windy, and humid but essentially a flat ride. Are there any recumbent riders out
    there who are going to try this ride? Would like a little company.

    Carl R. Murdock Odessa, TX

    Tags:

  2. Bill Marsh

    Bill Marsh Guest

    "Carl R. Murdock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.
    >
    > Should be Hot, windy, and humid but essentially a flat ride. Are there any recumbent riders out
    > there who are going to try this ride? Would like a little company.
    >
    > Carl R. Murdock

    Odessa, TX Hi Carl: As in most of the mid west We can ride here in the KC area any and every day at
    100 + degrees, so no need to go to Texas. And this weekend it is supposed to get into the 80's so I
    probably won't be coming to Texas. Thanks anyway LOL

    Bill V-rex

  3. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I will be there on a silver Burley Canto, along with someone on an EZ Sport and someone on a Nils Palm Wind.

  4. Bentheadswb

    Bentheadswb Guest

    I will be there, My wife or son (they take turns) will be doing the 25 miler on their EZ-1 for their
    first ever HH100. Actually, first ever organized bike ride so it will be interesting. It will be my
    third and my trusty Nils Palm (20/700C fully suspended USS SWB) will be doing the duty. I will ride
    with a guy on an EZ Sport and someone on a Burley Canto.

    John H N TX

  5. Gene Whittle

    Gene Whittle Guest

    "Carl R. Murdock" wrote:

    > This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.
    >
    > Should be Hot, windy, and humid but essentially a flat ride. Are there any recumbent riders out
    > there who are going to try this ride? Would like a little company.
    >
    > Carl R. Murdock Odessa, TX

    I'll be there for my first HHH on either a V-Rex or a HepCat. Probably the Cat as the V-Rex isn't
    shifting very well lately for some reason.

    I understand tandems and recumbents get a special starting place a couple of blocks ahead of the
    masses. See you there.

    Gene Whittle Gatesville, Texas

  6. Truestorys

    Truestorys Guest

    [email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.

    I'll be there on my Aero. And I'll be wheelsucking off a friend who says he's blazing on his Aero.
    He's shooting for a Sub 5-hour century. I'm shooting for hanging onto him for as long as I can and
    then dying in Sag tent with a big beautiful nurse taking my blood pressure as I fade out and see
    the big bright light. <g>

    Don

  7. Dave Clary

    Dave Clary Guest

    On 21 Aug 2003 05:17:52 -0700, [email protected] (Truestorys) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.
    >>

    > I'll be there on my Aero. And I'll be wheelsucking off a friend who says he's blazing on his
    > Aero. He's shooting for a Sub 5-hour century. I'm shooting for hanging onto him for as long as I
    > can and then dying in Sag tent with a big beautiful nurse taking my blood pressure as I fade out
    > and see the big bright light. <g>
    >
    > Don

    So when are you going to come have lunch at Snoopy's and see your bike that's still partially
    submerged in the Laguna?

    :)

    Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx EZ-1SC Pilot (Texas P-38 Squadron Retired) Home:
    http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary P-38 Stuff: http://www.geocities.com/TexasP38/texasp38.html Never
    Forget: http://www.politicsandprotest.org

  8. Bikerchief

    Bikerchief Guest

    [email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.
    >
    > Should be Hot, windy, and humid but essentially a flat ride. Are there any recumbent riders out
    > there who are going to try this ride? Would like a little company.
    >
    > Carl R. Murdock Odessa, TX

    I'll be there on my V2. A friend of mine will also be there on his
    Vivo. We're looking forward to some fun in the sun. Sounds like a perfect ride for a
    recumbent, flat!!!

    Dan

  9. Truestorys

    Truestorys Guest

    Dave Clary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 21 Aug 2003 05:17:52 -0700, [email protected] (Truestorys) wrote:
    >
    > So when are you going to come have lunch at Snoopy's and see your bike that's still partially
    > submerged in the Laguna?

    God, I still love Snoopy's! It's the only place in the whole world with a good fish sandwich. I'm a
    little bit closer to Snoopy's now that I live in Austin. It's just a 4-hour drive away! <g>

    Last spring, I was down at Port A, fishing, drinking beer and friends tell me singing Kareoke in
    some waterfront bar. <g> I should have looked you up. Maybe next time.

    I sold my P-38 and got an Aero. You got to try it Dave. It will give you Recumbent Fever once again.

    Don

  10. Dave Clary

    Dave Clary Guest

    On 21 Aug 2003 21:01:38 -0700, [email protected] (Truestorys) wrote:

    >I sold my P-38 and got an Aero. You got to try it Dave. It will give you Recumbent Fever
    >once again.

    I have a low grade 'bent fever now--getting ready to head out for a ride. But most of my time and
    spare change is going towards supporting another expensive hobby. The good news is that I'm
    supporting the Austin economy by spending my cash at Golfsmith!! :)

    Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx EZ-1SC Pilot (Texas P-38 Squadron Retired) Home:
    http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary P-38 Stuff: http://www.geocities.com/TexasP38/texasp38.html

  11. Dean Arthur

    Dean Arthur Guest

    "Carl R. Murdock" wrote:

    > This weekend on August 23 is the annual Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile ride in Wichita Falls, Texas.
    >
    > Should be Hot, windy, and humid but essentially a flat ride. Are there any recumbent riders out
    > there who are going to try this ride? Would like a little company.
    >
    > Carl R. Murdock Odessa, TX

    Or drive to Logan, Utah for the annual Logan to Jackson Hole, Wyoming 220-mile race. First weekend
    in September.