Hours Per Week

Irish Indurain

Jul 23, 2004
Hey,
Was just wondering how many hours a week you guys get to go cycling. I know its harder to get the hours in over winter but on average over the year how long would you go on the bike a week?

12-14 hours a week when I'm not racing heavily. then it drops. This usually includes 2 endurance rides, 2 or 3 interval days, and a few easy days.

Hard to say! Now when it`s freezing we do only one training on bike in coastal region on saturdays, so about 5 hours per week! It will be more if I`ll go to training camp next week (15 - 16), but at the moment, that˛s all! In the middle of the season I was riding from 15 to 25 hours per week, but it`s gonna be more this season because I`m not junior anymore..
I voted 10-15 but it would be a lot better to have separated polls for season and of-season time.

Not sure what id average.Never really go below 18 though, maybe first week back from a break. So its in the twenties.

I am trying to work out with my school that I take off my 3rd period and in combination with lunch allow myself and possibly some of my teammates to ride for an hour at lunch. This would probaly allow me at least 5 extra hours of training per week.

A little off subject, but how many of you guys can ride on the road alone. I'm not allowed to ride on the road without my dad or a group, which is really annoying. I end up riding the trainer a lot.

Just wait a couple more years, mate, and you'll be riding alone to your heart's content. And I voted 10-15, which is accurate for the last month (I checked my cycling diary), but in the summer I ride closer to 25-30 hours per week.

whoawhoa said:
A little off subject, but how many of you guys can ride on the road alone. I'm not allowed to ride on the road without my dad or a group, which is really annoying. I end up riding the trainer a lot.
If you`ll ride alone a lot, you`ll be happy to have a group or dad!

Due to the recent weather and the way my classes pan out (4 PM one day a week and 5 PM two days a week) I can't ride but two or three days a week for 2 hours at a time. I usually get about 50 miles in a week.

The amount of time I've been cycling recently is crazy! got a new bike at the start of the month, and I have just hit 450 miles on it!!!! - No rides above 60 miles though! been on it pretty much everyday, all except 4 days when I hurt my ankle bad. good going!

I ride alone alot,my weekends are usually races, or club runs.

My average mileage per weeks is 180-200.

I'd ride more than 10-15 if I had a better bike. The one I've got now, I've owned since I was 11 (19 now) and it is killing my back..

My Coach has a very specific training plan but it varies. I usually average 200 miles a week.

My Sprint Workout is Tommorow!!!:D :D :D