hours training

leanman

Sep 20, 2009
couple of part time training partners, that are a lot younger,not married and just live qnd have the time to ride/train, to me are training all wrong. just about every race arond here is a 45-60 minute crit. then the dozen road races are 30-70 miles long... these guys are just riding long miles 100-120 sat and sun.year round.. pushing it hard both days. no structure, no plan. just ride.hard.. trainer workouts are ez rides during the week with it being dark when works over. summertime its the same long weekend rides with the same ez rides but outside...only in summer its 1 day a week hard on the local 30 mile loop all comers ride/race. they stay the same year in year out. good, but i never see improving. i'm nobody, but i try to tell them try hill repeats, intervals, have a plan. all year its long hard weekend rides, but they really arnt improving in their training/racing.they wont do intervals on mon, maybe 2 ez days then the club ride then an ez one the a long ez one.. have a plan..i think their main focus is if everybody on sat and sun do a few hrs, they will double that and be better.i see goodstrong riders in these guys , but they are always the same..100-120 miles they train for 60 minute crits, and mostly 50 mile roadraces..isnt the best weekly plan to try and improve still a weekend race, a long one an interval day and a few ez days instead of such long rides with no set intervals? maybe they think more is better..no goals, no trying to peak. long long weekend stuff year round..they are strong, but not fast, if this make sense. we ride and come along a good group rotating and we join in. the few dont have that snap to really go over a small climbfast.., they keep up on a small not steep hill, but have no snap to really go over the top..or go very fast around a corners.. too much long rides and not enough shorter intervals???their goals are to get faster in races, but i think they train wrong.. comments

Are you or they being paid to ride? I guess not. So how they train is not important.

The fact you recognize that they are strong means that they can beat you up if they wish. They just don't wish.

Be happy they don't care about beating you.

an old guy.

all the years racing with them they never once beat me. i just thought having a plan would help them a bit more than what they always do..i see talent in these guys. just wish they would TRY and do different types of training..

Originally Posted by vspa .

what do you mean with " ez " ?
vspa, "ez" is an acronym for the word "easy".....pronounce the letters in english (american english) and you'll get it. Of course, if you say "eee-zed", it doesn't make sense.