Votes: 271 50.4%
  • 3 and 4

Votes: 179 33.3%
  • > 4

Votes: 38 7.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by EastCoast
How many hours do you ride each trip?

Ummm.... that depends on how much time I have. All of the above for any given trip.

Some days 2-3, and then theres 30-45min recovery rides. I guess I average about 2 hours.

2-3, but I am looking for a person who delivers pizza on the move so I can spend more time on the bike! Perhaps he could deliver Gatorade as well?

something between one and a half(recovery day) and 5 or 6 for the long ride

Most of my riding is an hour or less as I'm only racing in 10 or 25 mile TTs. I got my base miles in over the winter, and don't feel the need to put any longer rides in.

Yea it does vary a lot depending on the trip, however I entered how many hours I ride on the Saturday ride.

This is typically just over 4 hours. Though I will sometimes extend this to a longer ride once per month and that will typically go to 7+ hours.

My weekday rides vary between 15 minutes up to 2 hrs.

Endurance Rides: 4-5 hours
Hill or Interval Rides: 1.5-2.5 hours
Recovery Rides: 45 min.

i do two 1 hour 40 min, one 2 hour 40 min rides, + ride half hour each way to race 50Km's per week and sometime do a 3 hour ride on the weekend all at an average speed of about 20mp/h

depends on time constraints a quick ride is about 2 hours, a normal ride is about 3-4 hours and about 6-8 for my longer day rides

Originally posted by EastCoast
How many hours do you ride each trip?
Monday: 4 - 4.5 hrs
Tues : 4 hrs with intervals
Wed : 5 - 5.5 hrs
Thurs : 4 hrs with intervals
Fri : 4 - 4.5 hrs
Sat : 2-3 hrs lazy day
Sun : 5-6 hrs, ride with group or solo and chase down groups. Hopefully peaking on this day.

Attempting to get ready to start racing again this spring.....

Memph

Originally posted by Shibumi
Most of my riding is an hour or less as I'm only racing in 10 or 25 mile TTs. I got my base miles in over the winter, and don't feel the need to put any longer rides in.

That is strange. Do you do well in these with such little wimpy rides?
The reason I mention this is because Curt Harnett, one of my countries greatest riders (actually have rode with him :) ) in the 1km TT and match sprint. Both of these shorter then your distance. Would still train 3-5 hours daily. Strange how you race further but feel the need to train less. Guess this is why he won medals......

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
The reason I mention this is because Curt Harnett, one of my countries greatest riders (actually have rode with him :) ) in the 1km TT and match sprint. Both of these shorter then your distance. Would still train 3-5 hours daily. Strange how you race further but feel the need to train less. Guess this is why he won medals......

Memph

Possibly because 5 hours of training per day would not leave enough energy to be able to complete a 25km TT??

Originally posted by ozzult1
Possibly because 5 hours of training per day would not leave enough energy to be able to complete a 25km TT??

Sure it would if you rested the day before the event. A complete day without riding does a body good.

25km would seem so easy to ride. What are the times like? What is the route like? Heck that is a short ride. That is like my warm up for my rides......

Memph

Sure, you'd be able to complete 25km easily enough, but how quick would your time be?

Originally posted by Memphmann

Memph

A 25 mile TT takes me 1 hour, so why train for much more than 1 hour? My shorter rides are not 'wimpy', they are very intense interval sessions! By the way, I won my first medal (3rd) last week!

I think getting the miles in over the winter is a good thing, but during the season, I prefer quality not quantity. Long rides over the winter provide a good endurance base. Thus I can cycle 40 miles with ease. My training in the season is therefore linked to making me go faster in a 25.