Houston - Austin BP MS150 2013

fionnghal

Feb 22, 2013
I am coming over from Scotland to do this ride in a few weeks time. Does anyone have a route profile for the ride based on previous years? I am not at all familiar with the area so would welcome any info on the climbs. I'd be doubly delighted if someone has a GPX or TCX file they would be prepared to share with me.

Many thanks

F

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
fionnghal said:
I am coming over from Scotland to do this ride in a few weeks time.  Does anyone have a route profile for the ride based on previous years?  I am not at all familiar with the area so would welcome any info on the climbs. I'd be doubly delighted if someone has a GPX or TCX file they would be prepared to share with me. Many thanks F
They've got PDF's of the route on the website for the BP MS150. I'd advise looking for a GPS track of the event online. With that, you'll also get elevation gain.

fionnghal

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks for responding. The route maps on the event website don't give the profile info unfortunately, but I've emailed the organisers to see if they have a profile. GPS was what I was meaning by a GPX or TCX file - if I can get one of those two I can play it on my Tacx Genius and do some practising. ;-)

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
fionnghal said:
Thanks for responding.  The route maps on the event website don't give the profile info unfortunately, but I've emailed the organisers to see if they have a profile. GPS was what I was meaning by a GPX or TCX file - if I can get one of those two I can play it on my Tacx Genius and do some practising.    ;-) 
My brain didn't register the gpx and tcx reference in your post. At any rate, google and ye shall find: Day 1 Day 2

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
fionnghal said:
Thanks for responding.  The route maps on the event website don't give the profile info unfortunately, but I've emailed the organisers to see if they have a profile. GPS was what I was meaning by a GPX or TCX file - if I can get one of those two I can play it on my Tacx Genius and do some practising.    ;-) 
My brain didn't register the gpx and tcx reference in your post. At any rate, google and ye shall find: Day 1 Day 2

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
alienator said:
oh, so La Grange is a texan city, that's where ZZ Top named their song after ?

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
vspa said:
oh, so La Grange is a texan city, that's where ZZ Top named their song after ?
Mostly. The song was about a house on the outskirts of La Grange that gents (and ladies) could go to and purchase satisfaction from ladies.