how and where does someone purchase equipement that measures power and cadenance????

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
where would i purchase equipement or measuring rpm and power, what is the cheapest solution? what do you use?

ric_stern/RST said:
The Power Tap is a special hub that measures power at the rear wheel and is a full cycle computer as well. MSRP is UK£700. Currently, i will aim to beat any other genuine price. More details of the hub and unit is available here www.power-tap.com

ric
must make mental note, either rob the local post office or save for the next few years.

closesupport said:
must make mental note, either rob the local post office or save for the next few years.

That's a good idea. Just don't fall into the trap of buying some cheap computer that claims to calculate power/wattage from other values (such as heart rate), because they don't work any better than the computers that measure virtual cadence.

Power and cadence are absolute values, you either know them or you don't -- anything else is just a guess. Just look around the forum for people who are dissatisfied with computer that pretend to provide power and cadence info that is not directly measured.

ric_stern/RST said:
The Power Tap is a special hub that measures power at the rear wheel and is a full cycle computer as well. MSRP is UK£700. Currently, i will aim to beat any other genuine price. More details of the hub and unit is available here www.power-tap.com

ric
how much would you be prepared to sell one for or even loan one, guess that would be out the question, just to see what my power output is?

taking into consideration i am working for minimum wage, with a family to support and the missus has just decided she needs driving licence and lesson's.

any chance of a really good deal :D