How best to recover for the ride home

sm9ai

Aug 4, 2005
Hi,

I have a nice commute of 25 miles to work. Takes around an hour and a half to get to work.

Then comes the ride home which is usually hell, its not really any harder, I am just still exhausted from the morning ride.

Is there anything I can do to make the ride home a little easier? Should I be eating more/less during the day? any recovery drinks worth having?

Please give more detail. Is it a lot warmer on the ride home, what do you do during the day, how much do you eat, how much fluid do you take in during the day, more uphill or downhill on the way back?.

Pack a well balanced lunch with more fresh fruit and vegetables, and make sure you are drinking lots of fluids. About 60 minutes before your commute home have a light snack, such as a granola bar and an orange. And drink water, lots of water. If your urine isn't running clear in the afternoon you are a little on the dehydrated side and that will effect your performance, and make you succumb to heat more easily. Just eat healthy and get water in you, it's that simple.