HOW CAN I LEARN TO RIDE A BIKE QUICKLY

I'm sure that your husband and children will be supportive of you, too :) Let them know there may be times that you can't keep up with them, and make arrangements for when this happens - either ask them to stop and wait, or arrange a place ahead to meet them, even if it takes you a little longer to get there. I'm sure they won't mind taking a few more breaks than they otherwise would have done so that you can be involved :)

Taking a course to learn cycling is not a great idea. I would just recommend you to regularly practice cycling every day. It will take a lot of time but it will be worth it at the end. You should practice whenever you get some free time. You can also try out your practice with different types bike because it can help you to develop additional skills. Just give enough time and I bet you will learn to ride your bike quickly.

I was never able to "ride a bike quickly" although I learned quickly how to ride a bike.

I have less than 3 weeks to go until I go on an activity holiday with my husband a cycling fanatic and two fit 17 year old children. I can barely ride a bike and am now panicking as I need a 'crash course' soon.

I have the perfect response, TRAILS. Take your bike on a trail, especially in the night when there is less people. I did not use trails to learn how to ride more quickly but because I used to use them as a path to get back and forth to work, I know that they are a good way to help you pick up on being able to really be in control of the bike as the trail swerves a lot, there are hills, and it's just nice to follow along the path.

There are safe as well, so I recommend just riding down 1 or 2 of them multiple times a week.

Gotta love the question and my simple tip is, sit on the bike and pedal as fast as you can! :D

You can easily how to ride a bike. It would be difficult to reach your husband's level but you can get there. You need to practise and for it, you need to the motivation. Most of the people don't have the required motivation to ride and that is the biggest culprit. If you strictly practise daily, you will surely succeed. Patience is another important thing. You need to have a lot of patience to see the desired results.

To learn we just need to forget fear and pedal as fast as we can, balance will come in that process.

• Strap a helmet. Tuck in shoelaces. Long pants (rubber banded, strapped or tucked into the socks) and gloves can add additional protection if it is warranted. Go about 15 yards up the hill.

This post was in 2012, I think you already know how to ride a bike right now, and I hope you enjoying it right now. It's really hard to teach how to ride bike in a forum. we need the actual teaching. But well, enjoy.

Any update @jaac? Hope you enjoyed the holiday and hope that you had fun biking and that you're still biking today! Best wishes.

I think much better to ask your husband to help you, to teach you how to ride a bike. He is cycling fanatic, I'm sure he is also best teacher for someone like you who don't know how ride a bike. Or maybe you pretend to your husband that you know how to ride a bike? :)

When you decided it from your heart that you really wanted to learn fast! And that when you have the courage to ride on it alone.
Another thing is confidence. Don't let your fear sink in you. The problem of the one learning to ride is fear. I can't tell you not to get nervous because everyone starting to learn is actually getting nervous at first.
But when you come to the point that you are telling yourself not be scared and nervous, you will notice you will learn smoothly and fast.
Hmn, last suggestion, find a better and safer place to practice. A quite and not crowded place will do.

When you decided it from your heart that you really wanted to learn fast! And that when you have the courage to ride on it alone.
Another thing is confidence. Don't let your fear sink in you. The problem of the one learning to ride is fear. I can't tell you not to get nervous because everyone starting to learn is actually getting nervous at first.
But when you come to the point that you are telling yourself not be scared and nervous, you will notice you will learn smoothly and fast.
Hmn, last suggestion, find a better and safer place to practice. A quite and not crowded place will do.

Definitely, you need to commit to biking so that you'll learn even faster. Always practice, starting first in a less crowded place but eventually you need to go out into other more crowded places with supervision at first, or else you won't improve.

There's no way you're going to make it by staying at home and panicking, so put on some long pants, grab that bike and go cycling. We are in 2018 so, use Internet as a helper, check online tutorials on YouTube, so if you don't have any helper, you can learn at least the basics. In case someone wants to help you out, that person is supposed to lead you by grabbing you on the back of the bike, until you feel completely comfortable and able to ride by yourself.

Definitely, you need to commit to biking so that you'll learn even faster. Always practice, starting first in a less crowded place but eventually you need to go out into other more crowded places with supervision at first, or else you won't improve.
I agree. In order to learn and develop your riding skills, you must know how and when to challenge yourself. Go out and face your fears, that's when you know you're totally improving. Experience is a teacher they say, and I agree with it. You won't do well if you always stick with your comfort zone.

Honestly, I really don't know how will I give an advise with this. But all I can remember when I am still practicing my first ride before, fear is the number one hindrance why I can't make it. My friends used to tell me that time to look at very far away distance and don't focus too much to your feet. Well, later on I learned already how to bike, though it is still not proper that time, but I can do cycles on my own. But I think when you have already conquer your fear, you will eventually and unconsciously learn how to bike that easily.

To begin, lower the saddle so you can sit on the bikewith both feet reaching the ground for stability. Next, kick along with both of your feet and get used to balancing. Once you're comfortable coasting for short distances try putting one foot on the pedal while kicking with the other