How Can You Make Money From Cycling?

overhellbaitre

May 30, 2015
For example, your one of the best cyclist for your country, how do you make some money? Is it even possible for me to do?

The best chance you have is joining some sort of club. Then you might get notice. If it's not a major sport of some kind, it's tough to earn even spending cash let alone a living on it.

You dont go to the money, the money comes to you!

your job is too keep training and practicing, dont worry about the money, if your really that good, someone will spot you and then you will have money. if your asking this question, then you are NOT good enough

You have to ride in all sorts of events and hope some kind of scout or sponsor takes notice of you. But don't get your hopes up because remember, that's 1000's of cyclers daily to look through.

Luck that you'll get noticed and luck that you'll make it that far. Although if your looking into doing something solely for monetary gain then you've already failed in my opinion.

You could "earn money" by doing a sponsored endurance event for a charity but the money you made wouldn't really be yours so it's a bit of a grey area as to if that counts.

You can attend cycling competitions where sponsors offer cash and other rewards. If you are the best then you can get a chance to represent your country abroad. You can fundraise some money for a cause and start helping young cyclists.

If you are really good at it and you do well in races, then you might attract people willing to support you in exchange of advertising their products for example. To be honest that is not an easy thing to do.

If you are a good cyclist then you join cycling competitions. It doesn't matter if you have a group or not, what's important is your skill. When you win some laps, the organizers will surely invite you to be part of some teams. And if you are really a winner then some sponsors will pick you up from there. In my younger years when pro cycling was at its best here, there we so many new young cyclicsts that were discoverd in the competition. And later on they became champions... sponsors would make them a little well off.

Not very sure if you can earn good money on it, but maybe you can teach some cycling lessons for beginners. You can start by creating a cycling club, gather some members, and eventually you will add more and more people. You can try to offer consulting/guiding lessons online, like creating a forum or website, and giving advice by Skype or similar.

Interesting ideas here. I think everyone on this forum would like to make money on cycling (maybe someone does). It is great to combine your passion and job.