how come we don't have an inner eye?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Meat N Potatoes, Mar 22, 2004.

  1. how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

    i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
    the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    eye that also had microscopic powers?

    can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable eye
    to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

    Tags:

  2. Mark Atwood

    Mark Atwood Guest

    [email protected] (meat n potatoes) writes:
    > how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

    We do. It's our senses of touch.

    --
    Mark Atwood | When you do things right, [email protected] |
    people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

  3. Wayne Throop

    Wayne Throop Guest

    [email protected] (meat n potatoes)
    : i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
    : thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
    : have this eye that also had microscopic powers?

    Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie? One
    of the early, funny ones?

    Wayne Throop [email protected] http://sheol.org/throopw

  4. According to Wordsworth we do, and it is the bliss of
    solitude.

    Francis A. Miniter

    meat n potatoes wrote:

    >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >travel about and see what's going on inside of us? <snip>

  5. Jimc

    Jimc Guest

    "Francis A. Miniter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > According to Wordsworth we do, and it is the bliss of
    > solitude.
    >

    > Francis A. Miniter
    >

    > meat n potatoes wrote:
    >
    > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us? <snip>

    Doesn't it get rather dark inside?

  6. howard

    howard Guest

    On 22-Mar-2004, "JimC" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    > > ><snip>
    >
    > Doesn't it get rather dark inside?

    Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    meat n potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
    >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    >
    >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
    >the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    >eye that also had microscopic powers?
    >
    >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
    >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

    Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
    I'll pass, thanks....

    Dorothy J. Heydt Albany, California [email protected]

  8. Jim Ward

    Jim Ward Guest

    In rec.arts.books Mark Atwood <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >> travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

    > We do. It's our senses of touch.

    I thought it was the Kundabuffer.

  9. Pf Riley

    Pf Riley Guest

    On 22 Mar 2004 17:00:02 -0800, [email protected] (meat n
    potatoes) wrote:

    >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    >
    >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
    >the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    >eye that also had microscopic powers?
    >
    >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
    >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

    Someone already has. It's a capsule that one can swallow
    that has a microcamera inside and can take pictures inside,
    then once it is pooped out, the information is transmitted
    to a computer and voila -- easy endoscopy.

    PF

  10. "Dorothy J Heydt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article
    > <[email protected]>, meat n
    > potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    > >
    > >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
    > >thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
    > >have this eye that also had microscopic powers?
    > >
    > >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
    > >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?
    >
    > Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
    > I'll pass, thanks....

    Terrific story. It was my introduction to Spinrad, and it
    took me some time afterward to realize he was a rather minor
    author (much like "Riders of the Purple Wage" and Farmer.)

  11. "meat n potatoes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    >
    > i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
    > thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
    > have this eye that also had microscopic powers?

    I'm sure that I have seen this somewhere. A Woody
    Allen film?

    --
    Mike Dworetsky

    (Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)

  12. Guy Gordon

    Guy Gordon Guest

    [email protected] (Wayne Throop) wrote:

    >: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
    >: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru the
    >: penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    >: eye that also had microscopic powers?
    >
    >Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie? One
    >of the early, funny ones?

    You're gonna owe him $$$s for stealing that line. :)

    http://www.usenet.com

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    meat n potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
    >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

    What do you mean "we"?

    --
    chuk

  14. On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:21:37 GMT, Wayne Throop <[email protected]> wrote:

    >: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
    >: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru the
    >: penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    >: eye that also had microscopic powers?
    >
    > Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie?
    > One of the early, funny ones?

    whiney voice.

    --
    "A 9mm shell casing, steel." "Orcs!"
    "Yes." Chuck Bridgeland, chuckbri at

  15. Mike Rice

    Mike Rice Guest

    Whaddya mean no inner eye? I've got one.

    Mike Rice

    (meat n potatoes) wrote:

    >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    >
    >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
    >the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
    >eye that also had microscopic powers?
    >
    >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
    >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

  16. David Tate

    David Tate Guest

    Chuck Bridgeland <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:21:37 GMT, Wayne Throop
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
    > >: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
    > >: the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have
    > >: this eye that also had microscopic powers?
    > >
    > > Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie?
    > > One of the early, funny ones?
    >

    > whiney voice.

    Nah; the memorable line was: "What if he's masturbating? I
    could end up on a ceiling somewhere!"

    I always preferred the vignette that had Allen as
    'Fabrizio', with everyone speaking Italian (with subtitles)
    and acting like Fellini rejects. Memorable line:

    "Poco!? Como una panna francesca!"

    David Tate

  17. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (PF Riley) said:

    > Someone already has. It's a capsule that one can swallow
    > that has a microcamera inside and can take pictures
    > inside, then once it is pooped out, the information is
    > transmitted to a computer and voila -- easy endoscopy.

    From a dimly remembered article about it, I think I recall
    that the gizmo transmits its photos as it takes them, to a
    receiver that's strapped to the body or carried in a pocket
    or something, rather than storing them all up and then,
    dare I say it, dumping them all at once after it's
    completed its journey.

    --
    William December Starr <[email protected]

  18. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

    > In article
    > <[email protected]>, meat n
    > potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
    > >
    > >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
    > >thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
    > >have this eye that also had microscopic powers?
    > >
    > >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
    > >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?
    >
    > Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
    > I'll pass, thanks....
    >
    > Dorothy J. Heydt Albany, California [email protected]

    Depending on the way you mean "pass" that could mean either
    you would or would not take the pill.

  19. Tech27

    Tech27 Guest

    "Walter Bushell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:
    >
    > > In article
    > > <[email protected]>, meat
    > > n potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
    > > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

    We used to. But as we started to eat more junk and rot our
    insides, the body evolved to get rid of the eye because it
    was to disgusting. Plus, it had trouble blinking in the
    vagina. The evolutionary process began with the introduction
    of potato chips, and was largely completed about a year
    after McDonalds rose to popularity.

    Some vestigial remnants do remain. For example, a few NG
    posters still see things through their sphincter - but it's
    a crappy view.

    ---
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.650 /
    Virus Database: 416 - Release Date: 4/4/2004