how come we don't have an inner eye?

Meat N Potatoes

Guest
how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
eye that also had microscopic powers?

can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable eye
to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

According to Wordsworth we do, and it is the bliss of
solitude.

Francis A. Miniter

meat n potatoes wrote:

>how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
>travel about and see what's going on inside of us? <snip>

"Francis A. Miniter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> According to Wordsworth we do, and it is the bliss of
> solitude.
>

> Francis A. Miniter
>

> meat n potatoes wrote:
>
> >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> >travel about and see what's going on inside of us? <snip>

Doesn't it get rather dark inside?

On 22-Mar-2004, "JimC" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
> > ><snip>
>
> Doesn't it get rather dark inside?

Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

In article <[email protected]>,
meat n potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
>how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
>travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
>
>i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
>the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
>eye that also had microscopic powers?
>
>can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
>eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
I'll pass, thanks....

Dorothy J. Heydt Albany, California [email protected]

In rec.arts.books Mark Atwood <[email protected]> wrote:

>> how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
>> travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

> We do. It's our senses of touch.

I thought it was the Kundabuffer.

On 22 Mar 2004 17:00:02 -0800, [email protected] (meat n
potatoes) wrote:

>how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
>travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
>
>i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
>the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
>eye that also had microscopic powers?
>
>can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
>eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?

Someone already has. It's a capsule that one can swallow
that has a microcamera inside and can take pictures inside,
then once it is pooped out, the information is transmitted
to a computer and voila -- easy endoscopy.

PF

"Dorothy J Heydt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, meat n
> potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
> >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
> >
> >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
> >thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
> >have this eye that also had microscopic powers?
> >
> >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
> >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?
>
> Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
> I'll pass, thanks....

Terrific story. It was my introduction to Spinrad, and it
took me some time afterward to realize he was a rather minor
author (much like "Riders of the Purple Wage" and Farmer.)

"meat n potatoes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
>
> i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
> thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
> have this eye that also had microscopic powers?

I'm sure that I have seen this somewhere. A Woody
Allen film?

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)

[email protected] (Wayne Throop) wrote:

>: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
>: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru the
>: penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
>: eye that also had microscopic powers?
>
>Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie? One
>of the early, funny ones?

You're gonna owe him $$$s for stealing that line. :)

http://www.usenet.com

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:21:37 GMT, Wayne Throop <[email protected]> wrote:

>: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
>: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru the
>: penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have this
>: eye that also had microscopic powers?
>
> Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie?
> One of the early, funny ones?

whiney voice.

--
"A 9mm shell casing, steel." "Orcs!"
"Yes." Chuck Bridgeland, chuckbri at

Whaddya mean no inner eye? I've got one.

Mike Rice

Chuck Bridgeland <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:21:37 GMT, Wayne Throop
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >: [email protected] (meat n potatoes) i once
> >: saw a nova documentary that went from the balls thru
> >: the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to have
> >: this eye that also had microscopic powers?
> >
> > Wasn't that one of the episodes in a Woody Allen movie?
> > One of the early, funny ones?
>

> whiney voice.

Nah; the memorable line was: "What if he's masturbating? I
could end up on a ceiling somewhere!"

I always preferred the vignette that had Allen as
'Fabrizio', with everyone speaking Italian (with subtitles)
and acting like Fellini rejects. Memorable line:

"Poco!? Como una panna francesca!"

David Tate

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (PF Riley) said:

> Someone already has. It's a capsule that one can swallow
> that has a microcamera inside and can take pictures
> inside, then once it is pooped out, the information is
> transmitted to a computer and voila -- easy endoscopy.

From a dimly remembered article about it, I think I recall
that the gizmo transmits its photos as it takes them, to a
receiver that's strapped to the body or carried in a pocket
or something, rather than storing them all up and then,
dare I say it, dumping them all at once after it's
completed its journey.

--
William December Starr <[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>, meat n
> potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
> >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?
> >
> >i once saw a nova documentary that went from the balls
> >thru the penis into the vagina. wouldn't it be cool to
> >have this eye that also had microscopic powers?
> >
> >can we design a cyberorganism that had an inner portable
> >eye to see what's going on inside as well as outside?
>
> Well, there was always Spinrad's "The Carcinoma Angels."
> I'll pass, thanks....
>
> Dorothy J. Heydt Albany, California [email protected]

Depending on the way you mean "pass" that could mean either
you would or would not take the pill.

"Walter Bushell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>, meat
> > n potatoes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >how come we don't have an eye inside our body so it can
> > >travel about and see what's going on inside of us?

We used to. But as we started to eat more junk and rot our
insides, the body evolved to get rid of the eye because it
was to disgusting. Plus, it had trouble blinking in the
vagina. The evolutionary process began with the introduction
of potato chips, and was largely completed about a year
after McDonalds rose to popularity.

Some vestigial remnants do remain. For example, a few NG
posters still see things through their sphincter - but it's
a crappy view.

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.650 /
Virus Database: 416 - Release Date: 4/4/2004