How dangerous is road cycling, for real?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Serjio, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I hear you Beanz. I was clicking on other surveys here and never had a problem then BOOM! I had a problem, so I won't be clicking on those ever again, but I thought, because of what happened to me, was to tell everyone so they won't run into a problem. I'm glad you told us all what you do though, not sure how foolproof the cursor thing is especially with a lot of Chinese and Russian hackers could make something appear legit and it not be.

I used Webroot years ago and that thing was worthless! They must have changed it since I used it. I'll have to check it out again. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now, and it missed the Trojan virus, but I've been using it for 3 years after AVAST failed me several times, and in the last 3 years that Trojan was the first time anything got past MS Security Essentials. I'm thinking these viruses change all the time and a virus detector will spot todays, and another will miss todays but catch tomorrows when the other one that caught todays misses tomorrows.

Anyway I'm not a computer wiz so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about! LOL!!

Mr. Beanz likes this.

2. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Member

After road cycling for nearly two decades I can say it is all chance. No more dangerous than other like outdoor activities.

The problem I see from other cyclist that lend to being struck by cagers are as follows:

- Wearing dark clothing rather than bright visible
    - Not having a decent rear blinking light on your bike for catching the attention of cagers
    - Improper road etiquette
    - And as always.....cyclist just doing stupid stuff

Even if you wear bright clothing, rear blinking light and just in general awareness....you can still suffer a accident. But your goal is trying to decrease those odds.

Good luck.

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  3. alphasports

alphasports New Member

Beautiful bikes, and garden too!