How did lance do it?



Geoff Vadar

New Member
Feb 13, 2008
1,192
0
0
daveryanwyoming said:
Thank you also for pointing out the greater commitment in the past two seasons versus twelve consecutive years of racing with poor results under the guidance of nationally recognized coaches.
-Dave
LOL Mind blowing rationale. Were they all Seppo coaches? Nationally recognised American cycling coaches?

WOW!!! What a farken privilege that must of been. No wonder you had 10 consecutive years of **** results.

Is that how you sell to potential clients. i.e You can ONLY make improvements in performance by purchasing a $2500 powermeter? No average club cyclist could ever hope to make improvements without the help of a narrow minded powermeter coach? Else 10 years of failure awaits them?

Classy.
 

classic1

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
11,394
984
113
jsirabella said:
And still not one mention about his numbers, achievements past or present...it seems that your training has taken you quite far.

-js
To be fair to Lord Vadar, he was an elite athlete in another sport, and has gone from beginnner to competitive A grade rider in arguable the toughest week in week out club racing (Protour riders regularly ride his club races during summer) in Australia in about 2 years.

Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
 

bubsy

New Member
Sep 5, 2004
193
0
0
classic1 said:
Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
Listened to you more about what? training or race tactics?
 

Jono L

Well-Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
4,434
62
48
classic1 said:
Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
If you define a sixie of woodies, a backyard bucket and couch time in front of border security as better then I guess you're onto something..
 

jsirabella

New Member
Jan 1, 2005
1,715
3
0
56
ok...now this is getting good...it seems we can all agree he is an a$$...which this sport is full of. Who really cares as he knows his type of post would stir the pot.

Now tell me what sport was he elite at and what type of training does he do...Around here in NYC more riders do not have PMs than do and I do not believe a PM is the only way to success so I am interested in some ways more of the people who had success without the PM or have a PM and not used an SST training method.

Care to elaborate?


-js


classic1 said:
To be fair to Lord Vadar, he was an elite athlete in another sport, and has gone from beginnner to competitive A grade rider in arguable the toughest week in week out club racing (Protour riders regularly ride his club races during summer) in Australia in about 2 years.

Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
 

tonyzackery

Active Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
40
0
55
classic1 said:
To be fair to Lord Vadar, he was an elite athlete in another sport, and has gone from beginnner to competitive A grade rider in arguable the toughest week in week out club racing (Protour riders regularly ride his club races during summer) in Australia in about 2 years.

Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
"asinus asinum fricat..."
 

MPCRUSHER

New Member
Aug 2, 2005
185
0
0
classic1 said:
To be fair to Lord Vadar, he was an elite athlete in another sport, and has gone from beginnner to competitive A grade rider in arguable the toughest week in week out club racing (Protour riders regularly ride his club races during summer) in Australia in about 2 years.

Of course the silly cnut would be heaps better if he listened to me more.
What club in Sydney?

My guess is

1. Randwick Botany/Eastern Suburbs

Tuesday night twilight criterium series

2. Sutherland CC

Friday night criterium racing.

From memory, anyone can ride A grade at these races. You simply tell the people taking your money what grade you want to ride in.

Its not like the race is organised and run by Cycling Australia.


What grade does he ride at state opens?

What are some of his results? and I don't mind if you mention his D,C,B grade results that he has achieved on his way up (interested only in state opens not club races).
 

bubsy

New Member
Sep 5, 2004
193
0
0
Yep this is quite common a guy in my local club absolutly smashes the A grade field in most of the local criteriums and we have a very strong local scene but when he rides in state open road races he's usually C or D grade depending on the field that enters.
 

classic1

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
11,394
984
113
jsirabella said:
ok...now this is getting good...it seems we can all agree he is an a$...which this sport is full of. Who really cares as he knows his type of post would stir the pot.

Now tell me what sport was he elite at and what type of training does he do...Around here in NYC more riders do not have PMs than do and I do not believe a PM is the only way to success so I am interested in some ways more of the people who had success without the PM or have a PM and not used an SST training method.

Care to elaborate?
Dunno about ass. Just obnoxious trolling. Bwahahaha. You care. He's got you people wound up.:D

Personally, I think his point has some validity. Some of you are jumping up and down due to the obnoxious delivery of the message.:p He never said PM's are ****. They are a fantastic tool but the justification/cost is unwarranted in a lot of cases. People could ride at 50km/h before the invention of power meters. There is more than one way to skin a cat so, I tend to agree with GV's assessment. Me, I'm well out of it but if I raced again I have neither the time to understand how to use a powermeter properly nor money to invest in one. $3k AUS is a lot of money.

MPCRUSHER said:
From memory, anyone can ride A grade at these races. You simply tell the people taking your money what grade you want to ride in.

Its not like the race is organised and run by Cycling Australia.

What grade does he ride at state opens?
No, not NSW, Melbourne. Carnegie-Caulfield. 250 starters is normal for a club race. Near open quality fields, sometimes better when pros rock up. I know what you are saying about asking to get bumped up (even had a moan about it in another thread a day or so ago), but in this case he earnt his promotion through wins/placings, didn't ask for it.

bubsy said:
Yep this is quite common a guy in my local club absolutly smashes the A grade field in most of the local criteriums and we have a very strong local scene but when he rides in state open road races he's usually C or D grade depending on the field that enters.
That is the case at many clubs (inc mine), but not at Carnegie. If you are smashing A at Carnegie you are a very competitive state A grade rider, even national level. If you are pack fill in A grade there you are A or B at state level.
 

jsirabella

New Member
Jan 1, 2005
1,715
3
0
56
classic1 said:
You care. He's got you people wound up.:D
Really I do not care except for how he achieved his success without using a PM. I understand that many do not train with a PM and have success. I know many. A debate about how useful a PM is, is of no interest to me. I just would like to know how he did it and his background prior to his success on the bike.

-js
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,057
183
63
Geoff Vadar said:
LOL Mind blowing rationale. Were they all Seppo coaches? Nationally recognised American cycling coaches?

WOW!!! What a farken privilege that must of been. No wonder you had 10 consecutive years of **** results.

Is that how you sell to potential clients. i.e You can ONLY make improvements in performance by purchasing a $2500 powermeter? No average club cyclist could ever hope to make improvements without the help of a narrow minded powermeter coach? Else 10 years of failure awaits them?

Classy.
Who said anything about $2500? Shite, for that much I wouldn't have bought one either... but you know, in all seriousness, Britain had to somehow devalue the USD to the point where we wouldn't have to keep that overgrown alcatrazz a prison colony, just because people there couldn't afford any of the fun stuff...

:p