Road Cycling · Public discussion

How did OLN cover the Devolder-Gilbert flap?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 5 posts · 419 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
11 October 2005
Last activity
12 October 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
419
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I missed Paris Tours on OLN this weekend. What did the commentators
    (Phil & Paul?) have to say as Devolder/Gilbert got into a stare-down?

  2. email hidden said:

    I missed Paris Tours on OLN this weekend. What did the commentators
    (Phil & Paul?) have to say as Devolder/Gilbert got into a stare-down?

    Don't know, I haven't reviewed the recording yet, but don't miss this on
    Wednesday:

    Cycling
    Outdoor Life Network Oct 12 05:00pm
    Series/Sports, 60 Mins.

    "Tour de Nez"

    Original Airdate: July 27, 2005

    So I'll know what to look out for when I do watch it again, when did they
    get into a stare-down?

    -jet

  3. Quoted message said:

    I missed Paris Tours on OLN this weekend. What did the commentators
    (Phil & Paul?) have to say as Devolder/Gilbert got into a stare-down?

    At 1km, Paul comments that one is looking at the other to take the pull
    and they shouldn't play around.

    Phil estimates a 7 or 8 second gap, both say they might just make it.
    But don't mess about!

    Paul comments that the telephoto lens used in the front on shot from the
    line makes the peloton seem closer than they are.

    At 300m from the line, Phil says Gilbert may just get the biggest win of
    his life.

    Then the sprinters swept them up like they were standing still.

    --
    I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
    legitimate replies.

  4. Victor Kan said:
    Quoted message said:

    I missed Paris Tours on OLN this weekend. What did the commentators
    (Phil & Paul?) have to say as Devolder/Gilbert got into a stare-down?

    Quoted message said:

    At 300m from the line, Phil says Gilbert may just get the biggest win of
    his life.

    Oh, and then they showed the gesture twice, from two different angles,
    one from the front, one from above/behind.

    Phil and Paul made no mention of the it in either showing, just lots of
    talk about Zabel.

    --
    I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
    legitimate replies.

  5. Jet said:

    On 11 Oct 2005 08:23:51 -0700, "[email hidden]"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:


    So I'll know what to look out for when I do watch it again, when did they
    get into a stare-down?

    -jet

    Inside the final kilometer.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.