How did you all miss this

boulder, MBA

Guest
Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.

Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and stabbed
her before she could ride away.

The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
about 16 to 20.

"boulder, MBA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bloody motorists......
>
> Woman cyclist stabbed in road row
>
> A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
> Anfield area of Liverpool.
> Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
> pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.
>
> Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and
> stabbed her before she could ride away.
>
> The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
> about 16 to 20.

The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
violence committed against the victim.

Let's keep things in proportion.

On 15 Mar, 08:09, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "boulder, MBA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Bloody motorists......

> > Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

> > A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
> > Anfield area of Liverpool.
> > Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
> > pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.

> > Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and
> > stabbed her before she could ride away.

> > The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
> > about 16 to 20.

> The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
> I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
> violence committed against the victim.
>
> Let's keep things in proportion.

I believe she may have been related to a football supporter, perhaps
they might be interested.

>> Bloody motorists......
>>
>> Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

> The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
> I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
> violence committed against the victim.
>
> Let's keep things in proportion.

Why on earth should we retain proportion?

While I really don't know what a truly proportionate punishment should be, I
certainly know that truly horrible beings like these that carry knives (or
drive cars) and use either to kill people should never, ever be permitted to
use either thing again.

Whatever the reason or "justification" is wheeled out here is, it cannot
possibly be mitigation under any circumstances.

Terrible event.

John

"John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>>> Bloody motorists......
>>>
>>> Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

>> The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a
>> cyclist. I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the
>> acts of violence committed against the victim.
>>
>> Let's keep things in proportion.
>>

> Why on earth should we retain proportion?

<grump mode>
OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
victim was on a bike?

uk.rec.cycling seems to be a funnel for channeling deaths of humans who
happen to be on or with bikes or who own bikes or know someone who owns a
bike which can, to the uninitiated, give the impression that cyclists
attract a disproportionate amount of attention from assailants, murderers,
nutters and the like.

I don't quite see the point of posting every report of a death that has a
bike involved. All unnatural deaths are unwelcome and sad for the victims
and their immediate family and friends but are they really of interest to
the wider cycling community? What is to be gained from such postings other
than to mislead folk into believing that cyclists are nothing more than
moving targets.

It's unfair to lay the blame onto motorists as a group too. The two
assailants used knives not a car to do the killing. A more accurate
accusation would have been bloody pedestrians.

</grump mode>

"vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>>> Let's keep things in proportion.
>>>

>> Why on earth should we retain proportion?
>>

> <grump mode>
> OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
> victim was on a bike?
>
> uk.rec.cycling seems to be a funnel for channeling deaths of humans who
> happen to be on or with bikes or who own bikes or know someone who owns a
> bike which can, to the uninitiated, give the impression that cyclists
> attract a disproportionate amount of attention from assailants, murderers,
> nutters and the like.
>
> I don't quite see the point of posting every report of a death that has a
> bike involved. All unnatural deaths are unwelcome and sad for the victims
> and their immediate family and friends but are they really of interest to
> the wider cycling community? What is to be gained from such postings other
> than to mislead folk into believing that cyclists are nothing more than
> moving targets.
>
> It's unfair to lay the blame onto motorists as a group too. The two
> assailants used knives not a car to do the killing. A more accurate
> accusation would have been bloody pedestrians.
>
> </grump mode>

<grump><b>
I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
have done then.
Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by this
group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one and I'm
still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.
That assailant climbed out of his car to "do" me, at that time he was a
pedestrian. However his rotten driving was (twice) the catalyst for the
event.
I'm convinced this is a perfectly valid subject for this list, one I'm
content to join in with.

John
<off to the pub>

John Clayton wrote:

>>> Why on earth should we retain proportion?

>> OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
>> victim was on a bike? ...The two
>> assailants used knives not a car to do the killing. A more accurate
>> accusation would have been bloody pedestrians.

> I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
> have done then.
> Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by this
> group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one and I'm
> still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.

You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
attacked you?

How did we all miss that?

"JNugent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John Clayton wrote:

>>> OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
>>> victim was on a bike? ...The two assailants used knives not a car to do
>>> the killing. A more accurate accusation would have been bloody
>>> pedestrians.

>> I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
>> have done then.
>> Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by
>> this group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one
>> and I'm still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.

> You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
> attacked you?
>
> How did we all miss that?

Cheap and infantile.
John

In message <[email protected]>
"John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Whatever the reason or "justification" is wheeled out here is, it cannot
> possibly be mitigation under any circumstances.

> Terrible event.

Well said.
--
Charles
Brompton P6R-Plus; CarryFreedom -YL, in Motspur Park

John Clayton wrote:

> "JNugent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> John Clayton wrote:

>>> I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
>>> have done then.
>>> Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by
>>> this group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one
>>> and I'm still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.

>> You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
>> attacked you?
>> How did we all miss that?

> Cheap and infantile.

I agree. Your jibe at "this group of people" (millions of them, as
though they were some monocultural sub-group), probably was infantile.
It's not the word I'd have chosen, but it'll do if you insist.

>>> You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
>>> attacked you?
>>> How did we all miss that?

>> Cheap and infantile.

> I agree. Your jibe at "this group of people" (millions of them, as though
> they were some monocultural sub-group), probably was infantile. It's not
> the word I'd have chosen, but it'll do if you insist.

There we are, having a sensible discussion, admittedly at odds with each
other, but disagreeing with sense and good humour.
However this brainless twisting distorter of my words appears, quite off
topic and a big distraction.
The "bloke" seems to be called Jeremy, it's all he appears to exist for,
he's a huge irritation.

Jeremy, now please listen up if possible. But I will notice you prefer not
to. Some "motorists" have killed two personal and good friends of mine.
Some "motorists" have, through their poor decisions and driving killed many
good people I don't personally know, but were famous, for instance Graham
Bufton, ex Falcon Pro rider, killed when a fool in a white van drove into
him. As you seem to know I'm in a poor physical condition because of a
deliberate attack. FWIW I do blame "motorists" - if not, who else should
be culpable?

Enjoy it, because this is the final time I'll rise to your baiting.
John

John Clayton wrote:

>>> Cheap and infantile.

>> I agree. Your jibe at "this group of people" (millions of them, as though
>> they were some monocultural sub-group), probably was infantile. It's not
>> the word I'd have chosen, but it'll do if you insist.

> There we are, having a sensible discussion, admittedly at odds with each
> other, but disagreeing with sense and good humour.
> However this brainless twisting distorter of my words appears, quite off
> topic and a big distraction.
> The "bloke" seems to be called Jeremy, it's all he appears to exist for,
> he's a huge irritation.

> Jeremy, now please listen up if possible. But I will notice you prefer not
> to. Some "motorists" have killed two personal and good friends of mine.
> Some "motorists" have, through their poor decisions and driving killed many
> good people I don't personally know, but were famous, for instance Graham
> Bufton, ex Falcon Pro rider, killed when a fool in a white van drove into
> him. As you seem to know I'm in a poor physical condition because of a
> deliberate attack. FWIW I do blame "motorists" - if not, who else should
> be culpable?

Just a suggestion, you understand, but how about the blaming the people
who were actually responsible, as opposed to the people who were not
responsible (whose number appears to sum to the the total population
minus two)?

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties and your unpleasant experiences
(we all have some to recount, by the way), but I cannot support your
blaming them on people who are simply not to blame for them.