How did you learn about Carsatelli?

For me it was on the old Winning website on the new (to me)
internet via MOSAIC. It had a simple, matter-of-fact headline
"Carsatelli killed during stage". I couldnt believe it....

Who?

Casartelli perhaps?
I learned aboutt it during a Sunday one hour recap on ABC/NBC/CBS.

-Ken

I beleive I first read it right here on r.b.r.--Shayana Kadidal

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:53:11 -0400, Sir Topham Hatt <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Dumbass,
>I think we was asking how did you find out that he was killed.
>
>Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On 17 Jul 2005 11:13:27 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>>> "Carsatelli killed during stage". I couldnt believe it....

>>Fabio Casartelli.
>>http://www.fondazionecasartelli.it/

Shhh, don't do that. Let them live in their little world. They are in
bed by now anyway, as the short bus come early tomorrow.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:07:02 -0400, David Ferguson wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:53:11 -0400, Sir Topham Hatt wrote:
>
>> Dumbass,
>> I think we was asking how did you find out that he was killed.
>>
>> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Fabio Casartelli.
>>> http://www.fondazionecasartelli.it/

> Shhh, don't do that. Let them live in their little world. They are in
> bed by now anyway, as the short bus come early tomorrow.

Huh? I don't think it's little to correct someone structurally misspelling
a rider's name, especially while asking about his untimely death. So I
just said: Casartelli, not Carsatelli. That was my concern for the moment.

If you must know, I found out when I saw it unfold live on tv. And I knew
him from the Olympics where he finished just in front of Erik Dekker. I
didn't think that was particularly useful information for a guy probably
asking after similar experiences to his own.

E.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

> For me it was on the old Winning website on the new (to me)
> internet via MOSAIC. It had a simple, matter-of-fact headline
> "Carsatelli killed during stage". I couldnt believe it....

Only in a Lance retrospective, because I've been into the sport for
about 3 years. I hope that my youth makes that forgivable. ;)

-Sonarrat.