How did you...

I road bmx for about 4 years. Then about 4 years ago i landed a job at a LBS. it was kind of ironic because i dident ride and had no interest in riding anymore. Customers would ask me about the tour and road bikes and i dident know anything about it, so i decided to watch a few stages and see what this is all about, try to learn a little. I thought it was awsome, i started reading from history of campagnolo and past riders to fitting on the bike. By the time i got my first bike i was hooked. if bikes were drugs id be dead.

Started cycling seriously after a leg injury when I was 17 (dislocated both knees) so took up cycling for strength work once the leg had healed found I quite enjoyed riding so after a year of unstructured training did a lab test. Where I found I had a certain knack for this cycling thing hence the optimistic username. Two years on in time trials i'm beating guys who've been at it for years pb for 10m tt is 23.35 on a rolling course with plenty of hills which isn't too bad considering i'm at least two stone overweight with 23.6% bodyfat which is frankly awful. So the winter will be working on getting that percentage down.

was a gymnast for 8 years of my life.. started at 13 and at age 20, I dislocated my right ankle, casted for 5 months, rehab for 4, was working at just getting back to being able to jump and land on it when i dislocated my left... was also coaching for the last 3 years... was just tearing up my body by being 5'6'' and having to spot girls and guys way taller and up to 150lbs heavier... quit both coaching and the sport this last may due to the fact that neither ankle will ever heal enough to go back to gym. I'd seen groups of cyclists around a lot down by the beach and just decided that cycling would be my new sport... bought a roadbike, practiced for 2 weeks, showed up for a club ride.... 5 months later, I'm a member and ridin w/ our fastest guys (i'm sure they'd be able to whip my butt... )... may start some mild races next spring at a local park. IT'S SOOOO ADDICTING!