How do Hydrogen Peroxide effect cancers?

Frail Man

Guest
Hydrogen peroxide decomposes when it comes in contact with cancer cells. And in the process H2O2
becomes O and H2O. An active Oxygen with fewer electrons, takes an electrons from a cancer molecules
and destroys it.

What the difference when people inject cancer cells with 35% H2O2 directly, for instance, directly
into colon cancers and when 20 drops of 35% food grade H2O2 is ingested with distilled water?
--

When I first started as a chemist, about 1968, (undergraduate working in a commercial lab), one of
the technicians had a small cut on his thumb, he put some 30 % H2O2 on it, it was spectacular! He

Yes H2O2 would destroy a cancer cell, it would also destroy a non-canerous cell.

20 drops of 35 % h2o2 ( app a ml) mixed with 10 ml of water would make a
3 % solution, about the same as what you can buy at the drug store.

My brother told me of a friend of his that drank some H2O2 ( 3 %).

It was about the same size and shape a one the beers they were drinking, his daughter was using H2O2
as a disinfectant, and had placed the open container down next to the bottle of beer, the friend
took the bottle and took a big swig, just like beer, my brother said that he did not make it out the
back door before he was spewing beer, foam and his stomach contents everywhere.

Assume an average swig of beer is about a 100 ml 100 ml of 3 % H2O2 is about 100 gms

or about 3 gms of H2O2

or about 0.1 mole of H2O2

a molar volume is 22.4 liters at stp

the H2O2 would decompose into H2O and 1/2 O2 in the stomach (instantly)

this would produce 2.24 l of O gas or 1.12 L of O2

The volume of the stomach is about 1 L.

ergo all or most of the volume of the stomach has to go somewhere, out the mouth most likely.

My brother though it was quite humorous.

J.

Frail Man wrote:

> Hydrogen peroxide decomposes when it comes in contact with cancer cells. And in the process H2O2
> becomes O and H2O. An active Oxygen with fewer electrons, takes an electrons from a cancer
> molecules and destroys it.
>
> What the difference when people inject cancer cells with 35% H2O2 directly, for instance, directly
> into colon cancers and when 20 drops of 35% food grade H2O2 is ingested with distilled water?
> --

"Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I first started as a chemist, about 1968, (undergraduate working in a commercial lab), one of
> the technicians had a small cut on his thumb, he put some 30 % H2O2 on it, it was spectacular! He
> had to go to the doctor to treat the resulting destroyed tissue.
>
> Yes H2O2 would destroy a cancer cell, it would also destroy a non-canerous cell.
>
> 20 drops of 35 % h2o2 ( app a ml) mixed with 10 ml of water would make a
> 3 % solution, about the same as what you can buy at the drug store.
>
> My brother told me of a friend of his that drank some H2O2 ( 3 %).
>
> It was about the same size and shape a one the beers they were drinking, his daughter was using
> H2O2 as a disinfectant, and had placed the open container down next to the bottle of beer, the
> friend took the bottle and took a big swig, just like beer, my brother said that he did not make
> it out the back door before he was spewing beer, foam and his stomach contents everywhere.
>
> Assume an average swig of beer is about a 100 ml 100 ml of 3 % H2O2 is about 100 gms
>
> or about 3 gms of H2O2
>
> or about 0.1 mole of H2O2
>
> a molar volume is 22.4 liters at stp
>
> the H2O2 would decompose into H2O and 1/2 O2 in the stomach (instantly)
>
> this would produce 2.24 l of O gas or 1.12 L of O2
>
> The volume of the stomach is about 1 L.
>
> ergo all or most of the volume of the stomach has to go somewhere, out the mouth most likely.
>
> My brother though it was quite humorous.
>

> J.
>
> Frail Man wrote:
>
> > Hydrogen peroxide decomposes when it comes in contact with cancer cells.
And
> > in the process H2O2 becomes O and H2O. An active Oxygen with fewer electrons, takes an electrons
> > from a cancer molecules and destroys it.
> >
> > What the difference when people inject cancer cells with 35% H2O2
directly,
> > for instance, directly into colon cancers and when 20 drops of 35% food grade H2O2 is ingested
> > with distilled water?

People have suffered lung damage from gargling with 3% peroxide. In the emergency room, we use H2O2
to clean up blood stains because it destroys the structure of blood and makes it soluble in water.
Peroxide in wounds destroys cells and delays healing. Peroxide in the blood would break up all the
red blood cells and in any quantity large enough to affect a tumor would be lethal.

--Rich

I was told of a DuPont employee who committed suicide by drinking 1500 volume (1 litre liquid turns
to 1500 litres oxygen) H2O2. They had to hose him out of the room.

I would have though the corrosive burn from 35% H2O2 would be worse than having to deal with the
cancer itself.