how do I fix a yukcy tasting Camelback?

dillsley

Oct 19, 2004
:confused: I bought a new Camelaback and can't get rid of that "plastic- rubbery" taste The direction say to mix a couple teaspoons of baking soda and water but it doesn't help. Thanks:confused:

Just storing the bladder on it's hanger seems to do the trick for my C-backs, especially when they're new. I purchased the hanger separately, and rinse and hang it up to dry after each use.

I think the bladder material needs some time to off-gas, as I've never noticed the "new" odor or taste after the first few uses.

Save your scotch, or at least make sure it goes through the right bladder.

Steve

steve egner said:
Just storing the bladder on it's hanger seems to do the trick for my C-backs, especially when they're new. I purchased the hanger separately, and rinse and hang it up to dry after each use.

I think the bladder material needs some time to off-gas, as I've never noticed the "new" odor or taste after the first few uses.

Save your scotch, or at least make sure it goes through the right bladder.

Steve
The yellow hanger deal is key. It even prevents mold and mildew from forming on the inside. I've had my camelback for many years and I can't remember of the plastic taste. perhaps it's the new compound of plastic or maybe you need to give it a few uses before the bladder breaks-in.

Fill it with water and the juice of one lemon. Leave it like that overnight, then rinse it. That will take out the rubbery taste.
Edgar