How do I get rid of my gut?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by BodyBuilder, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. BodyBuilder

    BodyBuilder Guest

    I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Dally

    Dally Guest

    On 24 Jan 2006 07:11:31 -0800, "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    >3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    >but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    >drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    >fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    >I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    >something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Suicide, it's the only way.

  3. Willow

    Willow Guest

    "I control my food
    > but not always."

    There's your problem..

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    > 3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    > but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    > drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    > fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    > I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    > something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    > 3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    > but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    > drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    > fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    > I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    > something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Butch up and control your diet better......

    It's really the only way.
    --
    Om.

  5. BodyBuilder wrote:
    > Any recommendations?

    Eat less. Use www.fitday.com to track what you eat.

    Neil

  6. joanne

    joanne Guest

    Neil Gendzwill wrote:
    > BodyBuilder wrote:
    > > Any recommendations?

    > Eat less. Use www.fitday.com to track what you eat

    You need to track what you eat because you need to make a consistant
    caloric deficit to lose the gut/bodyfat. You cant spot reduce. Its all
    got to go.

    Doing 25 min cardio 3x a week isnt giving you enough expediture of
    calories to make a difference. If you really want to make a dent try
    30-45 minutes at least five days a week.
    And dont do 'some weightlifting' - get a real routine and motivate
    yourself.

    joanne

  7. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    BodyBuilder wrote:
    > I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    > 3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises.

    Exercise more or smarter.

    > I control my food
    > but not always.

    Eat less.

    > However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    > drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    > fattening.

    So you're not drinking vegetable oil straight from the container anymore?

    > No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    > I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.

    Liposuction.

    > I am thiking of getting
    > something like the Ab Lounge.

    Liposuction would be a better investment for you.

    > Any recommendations?

    Try a fad diet. Maybe something by Dr Phil. I'm sure there's got to be
    some magical solution out there for you, as obviously eating less and
    exercising more work for everyone else but you're the exception.

    > Thanks.

  8. MHB

    MHB Guest

    BodyBuilder wrote:
    > I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    > 3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    > but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    > drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    > fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    > I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    > something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks.

    CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO....NO SODA, JUICE, JUST WATER AND MILK, DONT EAT
    AFTER 7PM ANYMORE, AND STOP CHEATING YOUR DIET!

  9. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    >3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    >but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    >drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    >fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    >I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    >something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?

    Lose body fat. There is no other solution. No matter how prominent
    your abdominal muscles, they will be hidden if there is fat over them.
    And if your gut protrudes a lot, a high level of visceral fat tends to
    indicate insulin resistance, so you may want to try a low-carb diet.

    Nobody likes to control his/her diet, and most will buy any gizmo
    available if they think it will help them avoid that. It won't.
    Period.

    The AbLounge is just another gizmo that's oversized, overpriced, and
    relatively ineffective. If you want to develop more prominent rectus
    abdominus muscles in addition to losing the fat, do crunches on a
    Swiss ball. But remember: there is no excercise that will "spot
    reduce" fat in a specific area, so you still need to control the body
    fat through diet.

  10. Ranieri

    Ranieri Guest

    "MHB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > BodyBuilder wrote:
    >> I run 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 25 minutes each.
    >> 3 days a week, I do some weightlifting exercises. I control my food
    >> but not always. However, I cannot get rid of this gut I have. I don't
    >> drink any alcoholic drinks of any kind nor do I drink anything
    >> fattening. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this gut I have.
    >> I pretty muscular but this gut makes my body look terrible.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thiking of getting
    >> something like the Ab Lounge. Any recommendations?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO....NO SODA, JUICE, JUST WATER AND MILK, DONT EAT
    > AFTER 7PM ANYMORE, AND STOP CHEATING YOUR DIET!

    CUZ IF YOU EAT AFTER 7PM IT ALL TURNS TO FAT! AND DO MORE CARDIO!

  11. BodyBuilder

    BodyBuilder Guest

    Now I know. I always eat after 7PM. Sometimes, I eat at 10 or 11 PM.

  12. Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

  13. Ranieri

    Ranieri Guest

    "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Now I know. I always eat after 7PM. Sometimes, I eat at 10 or 11 PM.

    NO! AFTER 7PM (8 PM EASTERN), THE SWITCH IN YOUR MITOCHONDRIA GOES OFF AND
    98% OF EVERYTHING YOU EAT IS TRANSFORMED TO FAT.

  14. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Ranieri" <nah> wrote
    > "BodyBuilder" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> Now I know. I always eat after 7PM. Sometimes, I eat at 10 or 11 PM.
    >>

    > NO! AFTER 7PM (8 PM EASTERN), THE SWITCH IN YOUR MITOCHONDRIA GOES OFF AND
    > 98% OF EVERYTHING YOU EAT IS TRANSFORMED TO FAT.

    However, this can be prevented if you divide up the meal into thirds, and
    eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 low glycemic index yams, and 1/3 salad with flax
    oil dressing.

    Eating clean prevents food from converting into fat. Everybody knows that. I
    read it on the gethugeandripped.com forum.

    David

  15. Dully

    Dully Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 03:15:28 GMT, "David Cohen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >However, this can be prevented if you divide up the meal into thirds, and
    >eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 low glycemic index yams, and 1/3 salad with flax
    >oil dressing.
    >
    >Eating clean prevents food from converting into fat. Everybody knows that. I
    >read it on the gethugeandripped.com forum.

    I read you can safely eat all the Funny Bones you want after 7pm, and
    never gain an ounce.

  16. Phil Abel

    Phil Abel Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    > run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

    WTF does that mean?

  17. Willow

    Willow Guest

    Exactly what it says.. WTP?

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    "Phil Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    > > run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

    > WTF does that mean?

  18. geek_girl

    geek_girl Guest

    Phil Abel wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    > > run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

    > WTF does that mean?

    I think he's talking about intervals. Maybe. But that's the only way I
    can make that make anything like sense.

  19. Dally

    Dally Guest

    geek_girl wrote:
    > Phil Abel wrote:
    >
    >><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    >>>run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

    >>WTF does that mean?
    >>

    > I think he's talking about intervals. Maybe. But that's the only way I
    > can make that make anything like sense.

    You show up after months away and that's all you've got to comment on?

    Tighten up your killfiles and stay a while!

    BTW, I finally bit the bullet and put you on my flist. Will you return
    the favor?

    Dally

  20. EatMe

    EatMe Guest

    >>> Do maximum run but don't stopping, but for full speed, 30 when you no
    > run, 20 when you run. my recommendation.

    WTF does that mean? <<

    It means you are a clueless wanker/lurker/woosieboy/buttsucker who
    should either read prior threads on this group or shut the fuk up.