How do I instal a Rear Carrier???

Jeannette

Guest
Hi all, I am a newbie both to the newsgroup and the world of cycling. I am using my bike to cycle to
and from work and bought a TIOGA carrier to attach to the back of my bike (an AVANTI hybrid thing).
The guy at the store explained briefly how to attach the carrier but bringing it back home I realise
I have no idea how to go about this. I could take it back to the store and have them charge me a
ridiculous amount to instal it for me, but I'd rather do it myself. Could anyone direct me to a
website etc. that is a step-by-step guide on how to instal these things? Thanks, Jeannette.

On 9 Jan 2003 16:31:08 -0800, [email protected] (Jeannette) wrote:
> Hi all, I am a newbie both to the newsgroup and the world of
cycling.
> I am using my bike to cycle to and from work and bought a TIOGA carrier to attach to the back of
> my bike (an AVANTI hybrid
thing). The
> guy at the store explained briefly how to attach the carrier but bringing it back home I realise I
> have no idea how to go about
this. I
> could take it back to the store and have them charge me a
ridiculous
> amount to instal it for me, but I'd rather do it myself. Could
anyone
> direct me to a website etc. that is a step-by-step guide on how
> instal these things? Thanks, Jeannette.

Should be pretty straightforward.

Bolt the bottom of the carrier to the eyelets on the dropout, make sure it's level. Screw the top of
the long steel stays on the rack, adjusting them to the length they need to be to meet the seatstays
of your frame. Then, bolt these to the seatstay eyelets (bend them to fit if you have to). Simple.

No eyelets?

the rack should come with some black-plastic covered P-clamps; these go in the appropriate spots
on the chainstays and seatstays of your bike; clip these onto the appropriate spots, and bolt the
rack to them.

Make sure your screws clear the chain when shifted to the outermost cog.

-Luigi

---
TLP de Guzman Bankside House 24 Sumner Street London SE1 9JA UNITED KINGDOM

tel: +44 870 873 4587, ext.2766 (landline)
: +44 781 792 1610 (mobile)

"Ka-tagal-tagal ko na nag-aaral, tignan mo, kupas na ang aking maong! Kung akala mo ako ay natuto
na, Hindi pa rin..."
- Apo Hiking Society

9 Jan 2003 16:31:08 -0800,
<[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jeannette) wrote:

>Hi all, I am a newbie both to the newsgroup and the world of cycling. I am using my bike to cycle
>to and from work and bought a TIOGA carrier to attach to the back of my bike (an AVANTI hybrid
>thing). The guy at the store explained briefly how to attach the carrier but bringing it back home
>I realise I have no idea how to go about this. I could take it back to the store and have them
>charge me a ridiculous amount to instal it for me, but I'd rather do it myself. Could anyone direct
>me to a website etc. that is a step-by-step guide on how to instal these things? Thanks, Jeannette.

Try one of these.

http://www.jandd.com/Technotes/technotes_rack.asp http://www.tubus.net/dims_uk.htm
--
zk

And a couple of words of advice in case they're not in the sites provided by Zoot: make sure the
rack is level with the ground when all is said and done, and make sure you use locking fasteners,
either nylock-type nuts or Loctite Blue. This is very important as they have a nasty habit of
vibrating loose.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Scott..
--