How do I measure RPMs/PPMs

fcdrifter127

Aug 15, 2006
I know its a noob question, but after all of my research into proper riding technique, I know what I need to do, I just dont know how to tell if Im doing it right. What are some ways I can keep track of my cadence? Do I just count how many times I pedal, or do I need to buy some kind of equipment or sensor? I dont want to spend much money, so anything thats pretty affordable would be great.

fcdrifter127 said:
I know its a noob question, but after all of my research into proper riding technique, I know what I need to do, I just dont know how to tell if Im doing it right. What are some ways I can keep track of my cadence? Do I just count how many times I pedal, or do I need to buy some kind of equipment or sensor? I dont want to spend much money, so anything thats pretty affordable would be great.
Most cyclocomputers provide a cadence option, so shop around for one that's within your budget. Otherwise, with the aid of a watch you could count how many pedal revs for 15 secs and multiply by 4 to get cadence (or 10 sec and multiply by 6). I don't recommend it since taking eyes off the road for that long is not a good idea! OK on an indoor trainer though.