How do i recover after a hard training session?

All very good advice here!

One thing that I do is hydrate with water and eat carbs immediately after the ride. Go for the carbs first to replenish your glycogen when your muscles need it the most. Then, about 30 minutes later, I go for the protein shake. The protein aids in muscle growth and repair but it slows down the transfer of glycogen or something like that (so I've read), hence getting the carbs in first.

I've been doing this and eating a lot of blueberries, cherries, figs and other fruits that are high in antioxidants and fiber and I'm always ready for next ride with no soreness.

I don't have the time to get in 120km per day but I do have a pretty solid training regimine that has me on the bike for 30 miles/day, 5 days a week and one event or hard group ride on the 6th day, with one rest day. Even back-to-back interval days are fine with my routine (though not recommended).

One word of advice: listen to your body. If you go out on a plan for climbing repeats or intervals but your legs aren't up to it, dial it back. No sense in harming your body and prolonging your recovery even more. This will have you regressing.

Depends on what recover u are talking about From sprints etc or long ride recovery Here is a broad approach First thing I do after a ride assoon as I get off the bike is go the the fridge and smash down some simple carbs a fair old amount. Some protein + MCT mix is excellent if you can Continue drinkig your ride drink or of you have a fancy electrolyte drink that Have a good long stretch in front of the telly Carry on drinking Have a warm or hot bath But be wary of dehydrating in a hot one. Drink in bath if need be . I do Get out and have a nice gentle massage with mousturiser More for moisturising the legs than anything but feels good too, have a light stretch afterwards Have a huge carb meal after about An hour And whatever you do DON'T go out for another ride or a recovery ride just coz this recovery plan has made you feel fine And keep on drinking always always always Oh and legs burn after a hard sesh bcos muscle is torn to shreds and not because you are tight So don't think more stretching than usual will help coz u will just be giving your muscles more pain and tearing And if you are in your first year of riding don't use soft 30 min recovery rides . Your body would rather have nothing or a soft massage and a drink of water