how do i stop weight going back on?

Daisy

Guest
Hi,

Im new here. Based in the UK. I have a question. Been on the WW diet for 2 weeks now and doing very
well. Am actually enjoying this and all the food that i can eat that i never thought i could!

However, I'm very afraid that after a few weeks i will enter starvation mode and then put it all
back on when i eventually finish dieting.

Any tips as to how to stop this happening please.

Thanks

Daisy Weight 13 stone 11 lbs (193 lbs) - height 5.5"

Daisy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im new here. Based in the UK. I have a question. Been on the WW diet for 2 weeks now and doing
> very well. Am actually enjoying this and all the food that i can eat that i never thought i could!
>
> However, I'm very afraid that after a few weeks i will enter starvation mode and then put it all
> back on when i eventually finish dieting.
>
> Any tips as to how to stop this happening please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daisy Weight 13 stone 11 lbs (193 lbs) - height 5.5"

You won't, if you follow the program properly.

I started at 15 stone 3 lbs, and am 5'4", and have lost 33 lbs so far. Every so often you will put a
pound or two on: this will usually be due to a holiday, with adendent lapse in being strictly on
points, illness and lack of exercise, or time of the month. Such small gains will soon drop off
again. Occasionally you will hit a plateau, where nothing will shift even if you are properly on
points and exercise. This too shall pass...

Once you reach goal weight, they teach you how to maintain, so you don't keep losing, or put it all
back on. The key is to keep counting the points.

For those ultra hungry days, make a batch of zero point soup. I like the carrot an coriander one,
the butternut squash one (rather more seasonal) and I'm going to try the February Singapore soup, in
February's little booklet. Also, take into account that as you go on, and lose weight, your appetite
is re-trained and your stomach shrinks, so you no longer need to eat the volume you ate before to
feel full.

One important point to remember is that once you reach goal, that is NOT the end! WW is a way of
life, not a diet. If you 'stop dieting' (go back to your old eating habits) you WILL put the weight
back on. You need to do this slowly, and re-train your tastes and eating habits, so that the new
regime is not a weight loss diet but the way you eat FOR EVER.

On Points: off weight!

Off points: ON weight!

Simple as that!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Hello Daisy, happy to meet you!

First thing : Weight Watchers is NOT a diet. At least, I don't think of it that way. It's a way of
eating, or, in other words, eating habits. Good ones, at that.

Second thing: You will not enter starvation mode after a few weeks, as WW doesn't work that way. As
long as you eat your full points allowance every day, you will not enter starvation mode. Your body
doesn't starve with these points. And as you add up exercise, you can add these exercise points as
well, and even indulge in your Flex points when you feel too hungry.

Last thing: Don't worry about "finishing" dieting, or in better words "finishing" Weight Watchers. I
don't believe any of us will ever do. As I mentioned, WW is a way of eating, and it eventually grows
in a way of life. You slowly lose weight, and in order to do so you slowly develop better eating
habits, which, if you keep up, will help you never gain your weight back.

Keep at it, keep enjoying your food, and don't sweat. Live it day by day, it's a lot easier, and a
lot more fun, that way!

Isabelle
162/155.8/130

"Daisy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:c1pWb.6061$Om.3786@news-
binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> Im new here. Based in the UK. I have a question. Been on the WW diet
for
> 2 weeks now and doing very well. Am actually enjoying this and all the
food
> that i can eat that i never thought i could!
>
> However, I'm very afraid that after a few weeks i will enter starvation
mode
> and then put it all back on when i eventually finish dieting.
>
> Any tips as to how to stop this happening please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daisy Weight 13 stone 11 lbs (193 lbs) - height 5.5"

you will not enter starvation mode if you eat your target points and
activity points, and you will not put the weight back on if you start
thinking of the way you are eating as the way you choose to eat now rather
than a temporary diet, welcome and best of luck, Lee
news:[email protected]...

Zaz wrote:

> Hello Daisy, happy to meet you!
>
> First thing : Weight Watchers is NOT a diet. At least, I don't think of it that way. It's a way of
> eating, or, in other words, eating habits. Good ones, at that.
>
> Second thing: You will not enter starvation mode after a few weeks, as WW doesn't work that way.
> As long as you eat your full points allowance every day, you will not enter starvation mode. Your
> body doesn't starve with these points. And as you add up exercise, you can add these exercise
> points as well, and even indulge in your Flex points when you feel too hungry.

No Flex points here in the UK!

> Last thing: Don't worry about "finishing" dieting, or in better words "finishing" Weight Watchers.
> I don't believe any of us will ever do. As I mentioned, WW is a way of eating, and it eventually
> grows in a way of life. You slowly lose weight, and in order to do so you slowly develop better
> eating habits, which, if you keep up, will help you never gain your weight back.
>
> Keep at it, keep enjoying your food, and don't sweat. Live it day by day, it's a lot easier, and a
> lot more fun, that way!

I plan main meals week by week, but otherwise, yup - that's the way to go!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate,

do you guys in the UK get a new book every month? Lee Kate Dicey <[email protected]>
> Daisy wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im new here. Based in the UK. I have a question. Been on the WW diet
for
> > 2 weeks now and doing very well. Am actually enjoying this and all the
food
> > that i can eat that i never thought i could!
> >
> > However, I'm very afraid that after a few weeks i will enter starvation
mode
> > and then put it all back on when i eventually finish dieting.
> >
> > Any tips as to how to stop this happening please.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Daisy Weight 13 stone 11 lbs (193 lbs) - height 5.5"
>
> You won't, if you follow the program properly.
>
> I started at 15 stone 3 lbs, and am 5'4", and have lost 33 lbs so far. Every so often you will put
> a pound or two on: this will usually be due to a holiday, with adendent lapse in being strictly on
> points, illness and lack of exercise, or time of the month. Such small gains will soon drop off
> again. Occasionally you will hit a plateau, where nothing will shift even if you are properly on
> points and exercise. This too shall pass...
>
> Once you reach goal weight, they teach you how to maintain, so you don't keep losing, or put it
> all back on. The key is to keep counting the points.
>
> For those ultra hungry days, make a batch of zero point soup. I like the carrot an coriander one,
> the butternut squash one (rather more seasonal) and I'm going to try the February Singapore soup,
> in February's little booklet. Also, take into account that as you go on, and lose weight, your
> appetite is re-trained and your stomach shrinks, so you no longer need to eat the volume you ate
> before to feel full.
>
> One important point to remember is that once you reach goal, that is NOT the end! WW is a way of
> life, not a diet. If you 'stop dieting' (go back to your old eating habits) you WILL put the
> weight back on. You need to do this slowly, and re-train your tastes and eating habits, so that
> the new regime is not a weight loss diet but the way you eat FOR EVER.
>
> On Points: off weight!
>
> Off points: ON weight!
>
> Simple as that!
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

now I am jealous, I guess, I wonder if that is why we got the potato thing,
I have never paid attention to if we get a new thing every month or not. I
don't recall ever getting menus though, perhaps you UK WW ers can share that
when you get it, Lee, thanks for letting me know
news:[email protected]...

Miss Violette wrote:

> now I am jealous, I guess, I wonder if that is why we got the potato thing, I have never paid
> attention to if we get a new thing every month or not. I don't recall ever getting menus though,
> perhaps you UK WW ers can share that when you get it, Lee, thanks for letting me know

Our booklets are based on an 18 point standard, so if you are on more, you need to add extra to
the daily menus. I'm on 22 points, plus whatever I earn in exercise. There are NO flex points to
play with.

I think the monthly information also goes up on the UK Weight W Watchers eSource web site. This is a
subscription site, currently £6.95 per month (though there is a 2 week free trial). You could also
check http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk and see what's on there.

This month the recipes are for Quick Fresh Vegetable curry, No Point Singapore Soup, Salmon
Frittata, and Leek and Ham Roll Ups.

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:15:05 -0000, "Daisy"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Im new here. Based in the UK. I have a question. Been on the WW diet for 2 weeks now and doing very
>well. Am actually enjoying this and all the food that i can eat that i never thought i could!
>
>However, I'm very afraid that after a few weeks i will enter starvation mode and then put it all
>back on when i eventually finish dieting.

To lose weight you should find out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, then
reduce your intake by about 500 calories. If you eat more than this you won't lose weight and you
may gain, if you eat less your metabolism may slow down and again you won't lose much weight. This
is probably what you mean by 'starvation mode'. WW is designed to get the calorie level about right,
with some guidelines to ensure you eat sensibly.

You should aim to reduce calorie intake for the rest of your life. I know thats daunting but WW
helps you make the change.

Another option is to increase the amount of exercise you do. This will help you lose weight faster,
or allow you to eat a tiny bit more and still lose at the same rate.

>Any tips as to how to stop this happening please.

Stick to WW. First to lose some weight and then to maintain at your target weight

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/202/182

Thanks, I did notice that the potato information was on our site, do you
always have to pay for your site. The us one has two levels, free and pay,
more services with pay of course, it is what my mom gave me for Christmas.
I love it because I can do my journals by myself, or at least with less
help. Lee
Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Miss Violette wrote:
> >
> > now I am jealous, I guess, I wonder if that is why we got the potato
thing,
> > I have never paid attention to if we get a new thing every month or not.
> > don't recall ever getting menus though, perhaps you UK WW ers can share
that
> > when you get it, Lee, thanks for letting me know
>
> Our booklets are based on an 18 point standard, so if you are on more, you need to add extra to
> the daily menus. I'm on 22 points, plus whatever I earn in exercise. There are NO flex points to
> play with.
>
> I think the monthly information also goes up on the UK Weight W Watchers eSource web site. This is
> a subscription site, currently £6.95 per month (though there is a 2 week free trial). You could
> also check http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk and see what's on there.
>
> This month the recipes are for Quick Fresh Vegetable curry, No Point Singapore Soup, Salmon
> Frittata, and Leek and Ham Roll Ups.
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Whats the url of the us weight watchers site, id like to take a look.

thanks

daisyanne

berlin.de...

http://www.weightwatchers.com

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:06:06 -0000, "Daisy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Whats the url of the us weight watchers site, id like to take a look.
>
>thanks
>
>daisyanne
>
>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>berlin.de...
>> Thanks, I did notice that the potato information was on our site, do you always have to pay for
>> your site. The us one has two levels, free and
>pay,
>> more services with pay of course, it is what my mom gave me for Christmas. I love it because I
>> can do my journals by myself, or at least with less help. Lee Kate Dicey <[email protected]
>> online.co.uk> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>> thing,
>not.
>share
>> that
>> >
>> > Our booklets are based on an 18 point standard, so if you are on more, you need to add extra to
>> > the daily menus. I'm on 22 points, plus whatever I earn in exercise. There are NO flex points
>> > to play with.
>> >
>> > I think the monthly information also goes up on the UK Weight W Watchers eSource web site. This
>> > is a subscription site, currently £6.95 per month (though there is a 2 week free trial). You
>> > could also check http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk and see what's on there.
>> >
>> > This month the recipes are for Quick Fresh Vegetable curry, No Point Singapore Soup, Salmon
>> > Frittata, and Leek and Ham Roll Ups.
>> > --

>> > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
>> > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Prairie Roots
232/158.8/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

www.weightwatchers.com Ours has a link to international sites at the
bottom, have never looked at it though, Lee
Daisy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whats the url of the us weight watchers site, id like to take a look.
>
> thanks
>
> daisyanne
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Thanks, I did notice that the potato information was on our site, do you always have to pay for
> > your site. The us one has two levels, free and
> pay,
> > more services with pay of course, it is what my mom gave me for
Christmas.
> > I love it because I can do my journals by myself, or at least with less help. Lee Kate Dicey <[email protected]
> > online.co.uk> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > thing,
> not.
> share
> > that
> > >
> > > Our booklets are based on an 18 point standard, so if you are on more, you need to add extra
> > > to the daily menus. I'm on 22 points, plus whatever I earn in exercise. There are NO flex
> > > points to play with.
> > >
> > > I think the monthly information also goes up on the UK Weight W
Watchers
> > > eSource web site. This is a subscription site, currently £6.95 per month (though there is a 2
> > > week free trial). You could also check http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk and see what's on
> > > there.
> > >
> > > This month the recipes are for Quick Fresh Vegetable curry, No Point Singapore Soup, Salmon
> > > Frittata, and Leek and Ham Roll Ups.
> > > --

> > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
> > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I tried url that but it kept automatically forwarding me to the uk site. however, typing in
index.aspx after it http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx actually took me to the usa site.
Crafty lot arent they!

Daisy