How do I swap my QR's?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Daz N, May 25, 2003.

  1. Daz N

    Daz N Guest

    Ok so it's not the question mentioned...

    I basically want to swap my QR's for something that are somehow "lockable"? I leave my bike chained
    up outside sometimes and while the frame and rear wheel are just fine somebody could take the front
    wheel and I always have to take the seatpost/saddle with me...

    I know X-Lite used to make Cam-lock's or something but I don't know if they still do, or is there a
    similar cheaper option?

    Cheers

    Daz

    Tags:

  2. Daz N

    Daz N Guest

    Ok so X-Lite do make Camlock skewers and seat clamp, but almost £60 for the set???

    "Daz N" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok so it's not the question mentioned...
    >
    > I basically want to swap my QR's for something that are somehow
    "lockable"?
    > I leave my bike chained up outside sometimes and while the frame and rear wheel are just fine
    > somebody could take the front wheel and I always have
    > take the seatpost/saddle with me...
    >
    > I know X-Lite used to make Cam-lock's or something but I don't know if
    they
    > still do, or is there a similar cheaper option?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Daz

  3. Bo Lind

    Bo Lind Guest

    Daz N wrote:

    > Ok so it's not the question mentioned...
    >
    > I basically want to swap my QR's for something that are somehow "lockable"? I leave my bike
    > chained up outside sometimes and while the frame and rear wheel are just fine somebody could take
    > the front wheel and I always have to take the seatpost/saddle with me...

    Maybe something like this is combination with you lock:

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.cfm?SKU=11229&Store=Bike

    Anything that locks your wheels will take the quick out of quick release...

    Bo