General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

How do I work out my body fat %?

Started by Mike · · Last activity · 4 posts · 370 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 July 2005
Last activity
5 July 2005
Original author
Mike
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
370
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have very little so I recon I'm about 6-8%? How do I work it out? Some
    sort of pinch test? See a quack?

    Please Advise

    Mike

  2. Mike said:

    I have very little so I recon I'm about 6-8%? How do I work it out? Some
    sort of pinch test?

    http://www.rustyiron.net/bodyfat.htm

  3. Quoted message said:

    I have very little so I recon I'm about 6-8%?>

    Well I'm quite sure your *guess* must be right, so why bother? People
    who "reckon" things, usually have 19% to 22% body fat. Get on a diet
    NOW!

  4. "Mike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have very little so I recon I'm about 6-8%? How do I work it out?
    Some
    sort of pinch test? See a quack?

    Bodyfat calipers all come with a chart - plug the numbers into the chart
    and get an answer. These things cost about $20.

    Hand-held electronic bodyfat monitors like the one Omron makes have
    proven, in my limited experience, to give about the same readings as
    calipers. These things cost about $60.

    Tanita and similar scales are notoriously inaccurate for lifters.

    Nos. 1 and 2 above both ask you your age - read up on what people have
    been saying about this and, if you're older than your early 20's, try it
    once with your real age and once using 20 as your age and you'll get a
    lower number the second way. Which is closer to accurate is anyone's
    guess but, for active people, I think the lower number is closer.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.