How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

>I submit that on or about 22 Jul 2005 20:56:55 -0700, the person known
> to the court as "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> made a statement
> (<[email protected]> in Your
> Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
>
>>As for the seat, I've never known a bike seat to be "comfortable," so
>>anything the least bit ergonomic gets my attention.

> I have.
>
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/bike_optima_stinger
>
> But I have also known saddles to be comfortable (admittedly I rarely
> ride more than 100 miles in a day). The Brooks B17N works for me.
>
> Guy

The Terry's Liberator TiLite on Gino saw me trundle a fully loaded touring
bike around Bordeaux last summer in comfort.

Cheers, helen s

> [...]

bike around Bordeaux last summer in comfort.

Cheers, helen s

>I submit that on or about 22 Jul 2005 20:56:55 -0700, the person known
> to the court as "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> made a statement
> (<[email protected]> in Your
> Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
>
>>As for the seat, I've never known a bike seat to be "comfortable," so
>>anything the least bit ergonomic gets my attention.

> I have.
>
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/bike_optima_stinger
>
> But I have also known saddles to be comfortable (admittedly I rarely
> ride more than 100 miles in a day). The Brooks B17N works for me.
>
> Guy

The Terry's Liberator TiLite on Gino saw me trundle a fully loaded touring
bike around Bordeaux last summer in comfort.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:

> To be fair, Airborne does appear to have a pretty detailed online fit
> program. Whether a buyer will end up with a racer-type fit or a real
> world comfortable fit is unclear, but they do measure inseam, torso
> length, and arm extension.

One of my most comfortable bikes is a "racer type fit." I've ridden up
to 125 miles in a day on it perfectly happily. Another really
comfortable bike is a Rivendell set up for brevets. Also really
comfortable.

IME there is not one perfect fit.

> [...]

> length, and arm extension.

One of my most comfortable bikes is a "racer type fit." I've ridden up
to 125 miles in a day on it perfectly happily. Another really
comfortable bike is a Rivendell set up for brevets. Also really
comfortable.

IME there is not one perfect fit.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:

> To be fair, Airborne does appear to have a pretty detailed online fit
> program. Whether a buyer will end up with a racer-type fit or a real
> world comfortable fit is unclear, but they do measure inseam, torso
> length, and arm extension.

One of my most comfortable bikes is a "racer type fit." I've ridden up
to 125 miles in a day on it perfectly happily. Another really
comfortable bike is a Rivendell set up for brevets. Also really

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> To be fair, Airborne does appear to have a pretty detailed online fit
>> program. Whether a buyer will end up with a racer-type fit or a real
>> world comfortable fit is unclear, but they do measure inseam, torso
>> length, and arm extension.

> One of my most comfortable bikes is a "racer type fit." I've ridden up
> to 125 miles in a day on it perfectly happily. Another really
> comfortable bike is a Rivendell set up for brevets. Also really
> comfortable.
>
> IME there is not one perfect fit.

I'm very sensitive to bearing too much weight on my hands, so I need a more
Rivendellish fit. The higher the bars the better for me. :)