How do you clean your camelbak?

First off...If you listen to the loser comment, just don't use one and you won't be a loser nor need to clean it.

Now...I (I say I) would never use chlorine bleach in the bladder for a couple of reasons.

I do however use a dilution of mild mouthwash and warm water...and rinse rinse rinse. No aftertaste if done properly.

I also however keep mine in the fridge when possible and that minimizes the cleanings. The newer bladders with the big mouth openings are very easy to clean out with a long narrow scrubber too.

As for if your tube gets dark funkies in it...well ride more and that won't happen. haha.

Hahaha! this is a funny forum..But when I do clean my bladder I just use oxyclean and hot water with the cleaning tools.Other than that I always mix Gatorade with vodka and no funk( Saturday Morning so I don't stay out to late) LOL . Had the same 2 bladders for 3 years and they are still going strong.

skammer said:
First off...If you listen to the loser comment, just don't use one and you won't be a loser nor need to clean it.

Now...I (I say I) would never use chlorine bleach in the bladder for a couple of reasons.

I do however use a dilution of mild mouthwash and warm water...and rinse rinse rinse. No aftertaste if done properly.

I also however keep mine in the fridge when possible and that minimizes the cleanings. The newer bladders with the big mouth openings are very easy to clean out with a long narrow scrubber too.

As for if your tube gets dark funkies in it...well ride more and that won't happen. haha.

skammer said:

I'd be interested in hearing about your couple of reasons for not using chlorine bleach. I have used it in my water bottles and canteens when the need arose. It worked very well, but that was about the time that I started hearing those voices in my head.........

iajnin said:
I just got one, and all I did was rinse it out. But how do I make sure the resovoir and the tube are clean?
This is not complicated: buy the Camelback fizzy bleach tabs and follow the directions. It works. Very well, no less.

I would use a non toxic cleaner, like Shaklee's basic h.

The stuff is incredible it only takes a drop to clean you're camelbak.

rwinthenorth said:
This is not complicated: buy the Camelback fizzy bleach tabs and follow the directions. It works. Very well, no less.
I wondered how long until someone suggested this - they're not cheap but work fine and it's what I'm using

/k

concord said:
Wasn't aware that bleach came in tablets... I must get out more often.
actually it wouldn't surprise me if they're just a variant of a dishwasher tablet but as they're camelbak supplied it seems the reasonable thing to use:)

/k