how do you determine your skill at MTB'ing?

MANOFTRUTH

Guest
What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

Is rating someone "supreme" determined on their ability to climb
technical sections, or go down them? Which is harder in your opinion -
? I think going down sections in Dakota Ridge as well as Deer Creek
Canyons "Wall", is far more dangerous, and far more demanding on timing
& balance, than going up these sections, but I'm not sure how rating
your skills is done, is it done soley on your skills going up, skills
going down, or both?

I mean, I can go down the rock gardens mentioned above, but I can't
climb them, but at the same time climbing them isn't dangerous, going
down them is, so how can it be fair to say climbing is harder than
descending, when the danger of being hurt or killed is in descending?

Am I incorrect in these introspective conclusions of acumen?

Yes. In short your talking a load of bollocks, just get out and ride.

"MANOFTRUTH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
> novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

I never knew masturbating had skill-sets.

Per MANOFTRUTH:
>What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
>novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

- Barney: No injuries whatsoever

- Beginner: Occasional shinburgers

- Intermediate: Broken collarbones, deep lacerations/puncture wounds

- Advanced: Major orthopaedic damage including torn shoulders, hand/finger
damage, and spinal cord/neck injuries
--
PeteCresswell

MANOFTRUTH wrote:
> What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
> novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?
>
> Is rating someone "supreme" determined on their ability to climb
> technical sections, or go down them? Which is harder in your opinion -
> ? I think going down sections in Dakota Ridge as well as Deer Creek
> Canyons "Wall", is far more dangerous, and far more demanding on timing
> & balance, than going up these sections, but I'm not sure how rating
> your skills is done, is it done soley on your skills going up, skills
> going down, or both?
>
> I mean, I can go down the rock gardens mentioned above, but I can't
> climb them, but at the same time climbing them isn't dangerous, going
> down them is, so how can it be fair to say climbing is harder than
> descending, when the danger of being hurt or killed is in descending?
>
> Am I incorrect in these introspective conclusions of acumen?

The true test is to smash all of your teeth out with a ball peen
hammer, drink a liter of Drano, light yourself on fire and jump out of
a 21st story window.
/s

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per MANOFTRUTH:
>
>>What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
>>novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

> - Barney: No injuries whatsoever
>
> - Beginner: Occasional shinburgers
>
> - Intermediate: Broken collarbones, deep lacerations/puncture wounds
>
> - Advanced: Major orthopaedic damage including torn shoulders, hand/finger
> damage, and spinal cord/neck injuries

I don't think that's a measure of skill but a measure of a lack of brains.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late
The battles we fought were long and hard

MANOFTRUTH wrote:
<snip>

> Am I incorrect in these introspective conclusions of acumen?

Yes.

Matt

Per G.T.:
>I don't think that's a measure of skill but a measure of a lack of brains.

Agreed, but I couldn't come up with a smiley-type symbol for tongue-in-cheek.
--
PeteCresswell

> What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
> novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

Try to ride up Mount Everest dumbass!