How do you drink your tea?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by dee, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. dee

    dee Guest

    Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    weird stuff with it?

    Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

    --------------

    I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
    semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.

    Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.

    I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
    someone make it for me...

    Tags:

  2. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >How do you drink your tea?

    In a glass! (thought i'd go ahead and get that out of the way...
    surely you knew it was coming dee).

    I drink mine with tons o' ice, the occasional lemon slice, no sugar,
    milk, or any other weird stuffs. Kev

  3. dee

    dee Guest

  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "dee" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1138822295.913259.26760
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > weird stuff with it?
    >
    > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
    >
    > --------------
    >
    > I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
    > semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
    >
    > Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
    >
    > I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
    > someone make it for me...

    In the early days I'd follow the elders and add a spot of milk. Looked
    like a mushroom cloud.

    Now it's just green tea (de-caf).

    Andy
    BORING

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > weird stuff with it?
    >
    > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
    >
    > --------------
    >
    > I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
    > semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
    >
    > Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
    >
    > I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
    > someone make it for me...

    Earl Gray's hot, with 1 packet of Splenda and at least 2 tbs. of heavy
    cream.

    Or,

    Earl Gray's brewed fresh and strong, then poured over ice to make fresh
    brewed iced tea!

    I'll drink that either sweetened or unsweetened, depending on the mood I
    am in.
    --
    Om.

  6. dee

    dee Guest

    Mushroom cloud? :-D

    Haven't tried de-caf tea yet, I might try it and see, thanks.

  7. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    dee wrote:
    > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > weird stuff with it?
    >
    > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

    Good old southern "sweetea".. iced andsweetened with Splenda and served
    with lemon slices. Made with Luzianne or Tetley tea. Sometimes decaf,
    sometimes high octane, all depending on the time of day of that batch.
    We go through at least two batches (about 1.5 quarts each) a day.

    Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

  8. On 1 Feb 2006 11:31:35 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    >differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    >weird stuff with it?
    >
    >Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

    I used to like my tea with milk and a bunch of sugar... but my mother
    persuaded me that if I was going to drink it I should have it plain
    rather than covering up the taste, and I gradually weaned myself off
    the extras. Later on I switched to herbal tea (lemon tea is my
    favourite) and I don't like 'real' tea at all any more... Earl Grey is
    the only regular tea I like, and I drink it very weak and black.

    --
    ~Karen aka Kajikit
    Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

  9. -L.

    -L. Guest

    dee wrote:
    > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > weird stuff with it?

    Strong. Black or green. Or Chai (black).

    -L.
    (boring, too)

  10. dee

    dee Guest

    Goomba38 wrote:
    > Good old southern "sweetea".. iced andsweetened with Splenda and served
    > with lemon slices. Made with Luzianne or Tetley tea. Sometimes decaf,
    > sometimes high octane, all depending on the time of day of that batch.
    > We go through at least two batches (about 1.5 quarts each) a day.
    >
    > Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

    What does high octane refers to? I've only heard it used with pianos
    :D. Thanks.

  11. In article <[email protected]>,
    Goomba38 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > dee wrote:
    > > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > > weird stuff with it?
    > >
    > > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

    > Good old southern "sweetea".. iced andsweetened with Splenda and served
    > with lemon slices. Made with Luzianne or Tetley tea. Sometimes decaf,
    > sometimes high octane, all depending on the time of day of that batch.
    > We go through at least two batches (about 1.5 quarts each) a day.
    >
    > Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

    Bigelow or Twinings..... :)
    --
    Om.

  12. dee

    dee Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
    > > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > > weird stuff with it?
    > >
    > > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
    > >
    > > --------------
    > >
    > > I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
    > > semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
    > >
    > > Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
    > >
    > > I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
    > > someone make it for me...
    > >

    > Earl Gray's hot, with 1 packet of Splenda and at least 2 tbs. of heavy
    > cream.
    >
    > Or,
    >
    > Earl Gray's brewed fresh and strong, then poured over ice to make fresh
    > brewed iced tea!
    >
    > I'll drink that either sweetened or unsweetened, depending on the mood I
    > am in.
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson

    Yes, it really depends on the mood and season.

  13. OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > Earl Gray's hot, with 1 packet of Splenda and at least 2 tbs. of heavy
    > cream.

    E. G. has always had a weird taste to me -- wonder why? I do drink the
    herbal stuff at night (caffeine keeps me up), but I'm partial to
    Twining's English Breakfast with milk and sugar. No lemon, thanks.
    Used to drink Assam, but I can't find it anymore...

    --
    Karen MacInerney
    Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author

  14. dee

    dee Guest

    dee wrote:
    > Goomba38 wrote:
    > > Good old southern "sweetea".. iced andsweetened with Splenda and served
    > > with lemon slices. Made with Luzianne or Tetley tea. Sometimes decaf,
    > > sometimes high octane, all depending on the time of day of that batch.
    > > We go through at least two batches (about 1.5 quarts each) a day.
    > >
    > > Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

    > What does high octane refers to? I've only heard it used with pianos
    > :D. Thanks.

    Sorry, got it mixed up with octave.

  15. dee

    dee Guest

    dee wrote:
    > Goomba38 wrote:
    > > Good old southern "sweetea".. iced andsweetened with Splenda and served
    > > with lemon slices. Made with Luzianne or Tetley tea. Sometimes decaf,
    > > sometimes high octane, all depending on the time of day of that batch.
    > > We go through at least two batches (about 1.5 quarts each) a day.
    > >
    > > Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

    > What does high octane refers to? I've only heard it used with pianos
    > :D. Thanks.

    Sorry, got it mixed up with octave.

  16. limey

    limey Guest

    "dee" wrote in message > Hello! How do you like your tea made? Do you
    enjoy any particular
    > differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
    > weird stuff with it?

    I like Twining's Earl Grey, made with *boiling* water and brewed for about 3
    minutes, with milk and 1 Splenda. Or, Red Rose teabags made the same way.
    Sometimes in a pot, sometimes in the cup
    but the water always has to be boiling. Don't mess with my tea.....

    Dora

  17. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "dee" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1138823592.412247.50990
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Mushroom cloud? :-D

    Well yeah, like an upsidedown nuclear bomb explosion in a cup.

    Andy

  18. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    dee wrote:

    > What does high octane refers to? I've only heard it used with pianos
    > :D. Thanks.

    Full caffeine content :)

  19. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    >> Hot: Irish or English Breakfast, milk and splenda.

    > Bigelow or Twinings..... :)

    Twinings :)

  20. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Karen MacInerney wrote:
    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >
    >> Earl Gray's hot, with 1 packet of Splenda and at least 2 tbs. of heavy
    >> cream.
    >>

    > E. G. has always had a weird taste to me -- wonder why? I do drink the
    > herbal stuff at night (caffeine keeps me up), but I'm partial to
    > Twining's English Breakfast with milk and sugar. No lemon, thanks.
    > Used to drink Assam, but I can't find it anymore...

    Bergamot, probably. I don't really care for it but once in a while.
    Goomba