How do you drink your tea?

dee wrote:

> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
>
> --------------
>
> I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
> semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
>
> Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
>
> I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
> someone make it for me...

Earl Grey green with sweet and low. Two cups with breakfast.

Michel Boucher wrote:
> "dee" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any
> > particular differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or
> > some other weird stuff with it?
> >
> > Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

> Black, no sugar. I buy loose barooti tea from a local Persian market,
> Gulabi brand. Dirt cheap but good and I make it in a small glass
> teapot with a removeable filter. I drink a small pot in a day, cold or
> hot, don't matter to me none.
>
> My daughter prefers loose Alwazah brand F.B.O.P. number 1 Ceylon tea
> and I'm sure she drinks it with milk and sugar.
>
> My wife likes only upscale loose teas from Murchie's in Victoria,
> Ceylon Kenilworth mostly. With milk, no sugar.

Ceylon, it was quite a surprise cos' I usually just go for the normal
one. When I stayed in this place during a holiday, they had plain
Ceylon lemon tea for breakfast, really quite nice.

In article <[email protected]>,
"dee" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,

> > > Lol... How does one clean cat's hair off the duvet cover? (Tea
> > > unrelated)
> > >

> > Masking tape....... or a fur roller!

> Thanks!

Most of it will come off with a wet hand swept across it first.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

dee wrote:
> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
>
> --------------
>
> I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
> semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
>
> Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
>
> I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
> someone make it for me...

English or Irish Breakfast Tea with just a small amount of sugar and a
bit of cream
Standard Orange pekoe - Lipton's etc, just a bit of sugar
Don't touch Earl Grey, the smell of oil of bergamot makes me want to
gag.
Gunpowder green tea - a bit of sugar
Herbal tisanes - just a bit of sugar. Myfavorites are Ruby Mist (a
hibiscus based tea from Stash)straight Jamaica tea (hibiscus tea),
chamomile, Evening In Missoula from the Montana Tea and Spice Company.

SD

On 1 Feb 2006 11:31:35 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
>differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
>weird stuff with it?

I drink my hot tea, English style, with milk and sugar (or some
sweetener). I use Red Rose tea, unless I can find some good loose
tea. No fancy teas for me, and no decaf.

I am not a big fan of flavored teas, or Earl Grey. That isn't tea, to
me.

Christine, who is drinking her "cuppa" now...

On 1 Feb 2006 11:31:35 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
>differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
>weird stuff with it?

I preferred mine iced. Last summer I discovered a large patch of wild
spearmint growing on my farm. I add a hand full of the leaves to the
boiling water with a couple quart sized Luzianne tea bags. The result
is the most refreshing drink I have ever experienced. My co-workers
beg me to bring a large Thermos of spearmint tea to work to share.

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:14:12 +0000 (UTC), guy klose <[email protected]>
wrote:

>We started with Ahmed Ceylon (black) tea (BOP) that a neighbor recommended.

I found this loose tea in an Asian market in Phoenix, and I really
liked it. Have been trying to find it ever since, but haven't been
very lucky.

If anyone in the SF bay area knows where to find it, let me know. Or
in Sacramento...

Christine

dee wrote:
> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

I prefer my tea either in convenient chai form or with lots of milk and
sugar. (Forget "one lump or two"!) I just don't like bitter foods or
drink, and need enough sweeteners to take the edge off and make it
palatable to me.

--
Ernest

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:36:44 -0800, serene <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On 1 Feb 2006 12:31:48 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>limey wrote:

>>I must admit, I also like it hot (or very cold). Any one like warm tea?

>Yep, especially with milk and sugar.
>
>serene

Same here. Good strong black tea, with milk and sugar (although it is
a sweetener nowadays).

Christine

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:41:57 -0600, Stuart Pedazzo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On 1 Feb 2006 11:31:35 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
>>differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
>>weird stuff with it?
>>

>I preferred mine iced. Last summer I discovered a large patch of wild
>spearmint growing on my farm. I add a hand full of the leaves to the
>boiling water with a couple quart sized Luzianne tea bags. The result
>is the most refreshing drink I have ever experienced. My co-workers
>beg me to bring a large Thermos of spearmint tea to work to share.

I also add a little sweetner to take the edge off the fresh mint.

guy klose wrote:

[snip]

> Now, I'm leaning towards ordering some tea online. I've got a stack of catalogs to
> sift through before deciding on an order.
>
> Any pointers to great online sites would be appreciated.

I order mine from Peet's. I have no idea how they compare price or
quality-wise with the sites you've already looked at. I don't drink
tea all that often, so what seems fine to me may or may not actually be
all that good.

http://www.peets.com/Default.asp?rdir=1&

--
Ernest

dee wrote:

> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?
>
> --------------
>
> I like the most common one, just good old red label with milk (whole or
> semi-skimmed), medium strong, 1 sugar, hot temp.
>
> Just now, I had it with single cream, it tasted quite nice.
>
> I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
> someone make it for me...

I like mine without milk or sugar. Sometimes I put 1/4 tsp of honey in
my herbal teas but not very often.

Stuart Pedazzo wrote:

> I preferred mine iced. Last summer I discovered a large patch of wild
> spearmint growing on my farm. I add a hand full of the leaves to the
> boiling water with a couple quart sized Luzianne tea bags. The result
> is the most refreshing drink I have ever experienced. My co-workers
> beg me to bring a large Thermos of spearmint tea to work to share.

How nice!! But from all I hear, spearmint (any mint?) will run rampant
if allowed? Do them a favor and bring them some mint cuttings so they
can make their own tea too :)
I find that mint in iced tea doesn't require as much sweetener.
Goomba

dee wrote:

> I also like mocha (hot temp with whipped cream) in cafe, as I like
> someone make it for me...

I like earl grey breakfast tea

a little sugar
a little milk

dee wrote:
> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

I occasionally drink tea blends - Bigelow makes a few like Lemon Lift and
Spearmint (which makes a nice iced tea!), Raspberry and Chamomile. I take
my tea with a splash of milk and sometimes a bit of honey.

I don't drink coffee these days unless I have to be awake for something
*early*.

But I have to tell you, yesterday I had my first ever cup of hot coffee from
McDonald's. I was early to go take my insurance licensing exam so I stopped
at McD's for a cup of coffee. I wasn't in a moving vehicle nor did I take
the top off the cup. But I can now understand why that poor old woman sued
after spilling some of this in her lap! Folks, it's like *lava*. I've
never had a cup of coffee that hot anywhere. Took 20 minutes before I could
even take a sip without burning my tongue and tears springing to my eyes.

Jill

I like any kind of tea and keep several on hand, but my favorite is
plain ol' Red Rose with a couple slivers of fresh ginger added to the
brew.
No sugar..no milk..no nothin' except the ginger.

jillie
Roseville, CA

dee wrote:

> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?

I prefer plain tea, no milk or cream or sugar, and not to strong.

> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

I prefer coffee, and on the strong side.

jmcquown wrote:
But I can now understand why that poor old woman sued
> after spilling some of this in her lap! Folks, it's like *lava*. I've
> never had a cup of coffee that hot anywhere. Took 20 minutes before I could
> even take a sip without burning my tongue and tears springing to my eyes.
>
> Jill

she only got that settlement because of the content of her argument

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Karen MacInerney" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> E. G. has always had a weird taste to me -- wonder why? I do drink the
>> herbal stuff at night (caffeine keeps me up), but I'm partial to
>> Twining's English Breakfast with milk and sugar. No lemon, thanks.
>> Used to drink Assam, but I can't find it anymore...
>>
>> --
>> Karen MacInerney

> Earl gray is treated with Bergamot.
> It's a flower essence.
>
> Might not agree with your tastebuds, but I find the fragrant taste
> delightful. :)

I've tried Earl Gray several times but I find it too perfumy.

My latest tea experiment was with Lapsang Souchong. Thinking it would just
be strong the way I like it, I made a 6 cup pot. The smell reminded me of
walking on the railroad tracks (creosoted railway ties). Then I tasted it.
Brought back memories of my dad's habit of making a pot of tea before supper
and letting it brew (not steep) on the stove until we'd all eaten. Not tea
anymore but I always had ink for my fountain pen. ;o)

Gabby

"dee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello! How do you like your tea make? Do you enjoy any particular
> differerent style(s) of tea? Do you have milk/sugar/or some other
> weird stuff with it?
>
> Or are you more into the 'other' beverage?

Hot tea: plain, no lemon, sugar or milk. Unless I've got a sore throat,
then I'll put honey and lemon in it.

Ice tea: lots of ice, lemon slices, no sugar.

I'm not real adventurous with tea, haven't even *tried* green tea. I tried
that Arizona Tea one time, and can't figure out why so many people like it -
I couldn't taste the tea at all. I won't even try Snapple Tea.

Lisa Ann