How Do You Eat Spaghetti?

Damsel wrote:

> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

I have absolutely no problem... just hunch my face down close so my
lips are about an inch from the mound, hook a few strands with my fork
and ease them to my mouth. Then I twirl them around my tongue while
sucking and gripping with my lips, and ever so often as I'm coming to
an end I hook a few more strands with my fork and push them to my lips
so I don't lose my rhythm. Then continue the tongue twirling-lip
suctioning process non-stop faster and faster until the 'skitti cums to
an end with a big slurp. Really, that's how I do 'sketti in private.
I don't do 'sketti very often in public, folks don't seem to appreciate
my technique, especially the audio. At restaurants I prefer shells,
ravioli, tortellini, like that.

Sheldon

Damsel wrote:

> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

I have absolutely no problem... just hunch my face down close so my
lips are about an inch from the mound, hook a few strands with my fork
and ease them to my mouth. Then I twirl them around my tongue while
sucking and gripping with my lips, and ever so often as I'm coming to
an end I hook a few more strands with my fork and push them to my lips
so I don't lose my rhythm. Then continue the tongue twirling-lip
suctioning process non-stop faster and faster until the 'skitti cums to
an end with a big slurp. Really, that's how I do 'sketti in private.
I don't do 'sketti very often in public, folks don't seem to appreciate
my technique, especially the audio. At restaurants I prefer shells,
ravioli, tortellini, like that.

Sheldon

"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.
>
> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?
>
> Carol

Twirl almost all long Pasta - the real "trick" is knowing just how many strands
to put between the tines.

Dimitri

Nancy Young wrote on 27 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Damsel wrote on 26 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
> >
> >> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

> > I just twirl it around my fork, spoon isn't required.

> I'm with you ... just twirl it on the fork, make sure you get
> just the right amount and put it in your mouth. One of my
> favorite dinners, along with meatballs and hot Italian sausage
> (I usually have one or the other at any given meal).
>
> nancy

NANNERS!!! You're back...boy I missed you.

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches
> square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.

I remember the spaghetti folded in half so that they looked like giant U's,
but no box we bought was as long as you describe -- perhaps 12" at most so
the spaghetti that finally made it into the pot unbroken would have been at
most 24" long. Your brand may well have been different.

Gabby

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:21:11 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

I twirl it against the plate - spoons are for sissies.

There are two things I NEVER order in a restaurant:
spaghetti of any kind and chicken with bones in it.

On 27 Jun 2005 01:38:02 -0500, Bob wrote:

> I twirl against the plate. This generally results in a ball of pasta
> roughly the size of a tennis ball stuck on the end of the fork.

Jeeze, Bob... keep it to 3-4 strands! Plunging your fork into the
middle of the spaghetti and twirling will always end up in a tennis
ball sized mass.

"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches

square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.
>
> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?
>
> Carol

It just sorta leaps up at me since I'm so attractive ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - Fork 'n' spoon, same as you.

"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches

square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.
>
> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?
>
> Carol

It just sorta leaps up at me since I'm so attractive ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - Fork 'n' spoon, same as you.

sf <[email protected]> wrote in news:4b70c1lsb3bml00ab6j5vf5f90kk4e1pj1@
4ax.com:

> On 27 Jun 2005 01:38:02 -0500, Bob wrote:
>
>> I twirl against the plate. This generally results in a ball of pasta
>> roughly the size of a tennis ball stuck on the end of the fork.

> Jeeze, Bob... keep it to 3-4 strands! Plunging your fork into the
> middle of the spaghetti and twirling will always end up in a tennis
> ball sized mass.

That's why Mom always broke the spaghetti in half.

I fork-twirl into the spaghetti on the plate, then when I have enough, I
stab a piece of meatball onto the end. That's a bite!!! :)

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/bczgr

"Damsel" wrote ...
> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches
> square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.
>
> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?
>
> Carol
>
> --
> Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon

Well, with chopsticks, of course. What's all this spoon and fork nonsense?
After all, where did the Italians get all these pasta notions?
Correct---China.

Pam

Damsel wrote:
: When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches
square
:eek:n the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in
half,
:so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were
all
:that a fork could hold.
:
:We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against
:soup spoon and twirling.
:
:How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

Enlace a couple of strands in the fork tines and twirl just about the
plate. I've never seen 6' spagetti. My Mom used to break it in half
so it was impossible to eat neatly.

maxine in ri

Damsel wrote:

> When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches square
> on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
> so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
> that a fork could hold.
>
> We twirled the cooked pasta by holding the tines of our forks against a
> soup spoon and twirling.
>
> I die inside, just a little, when I see someone chop their spaghetti into
> little pieces. Never could get the hang of twirling against the plate.
>
> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?
>
> Carol

Sorry, I'm a chopper but sometimes a twiller. I tend to chop when
eating out and don't want to get my clothes dirty. DH, otoh, is always
a twiller and slurper suck the spaghetti up. If I tried that, it would
be everywhere but my mouth!

Damsel wrote:

<snip>

>> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

I do the twirl against the spoon thing as well.

Debbie

Damsel wrote:
>> "Bob" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> said:
>>
>>> I twirl against the plate. This generally results in a ball of
>>> pasta roughly the size of a tennis ball stuck on the end of the
>>> fork. I swish the ball around in the sauce, then elegantly [HA!]
>>> bite pieces off the end of the fork.

>> Please have someone film this performance, okay? I want to see this!
>>
>>> The trick to twirling against the plate is to start off with the
>>> fork at about a 45-degree angle to the plate, twirl it a few times,
>>> then slowly bring it to a perpendicular position while twirling.

>> I've tried that, but I still wind up with stray strands of pasta
>> getting involved with the ones I started out with. :(

If I have to twirl against the plate, I tend to pull a couple of strands
away from the rest and twirl. Less chance of getting it mixed up with more
strands than can be easily managed.

Debbie

Damsel <[email protected]> wrote:

>When I was a kid, we got boxes of spaghetti that were about 4 inches square
>on the ends, and around 3 feet long. The pasta inside was folded in half,
>so you were talking strands at least 5-1/2 feet long. One or two were all
>that a fork could hold.

I only eat it in a non-public setting!

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

sf replied:

>> I twirl against the plate. This generally results in a ball of pasta
>> roughly the size of a tennis ball stuck on the end of the fork.

> Jeeze, Bob... keep it to 3-4 strands! Plunging your fork into the
> middle of the spaghetti and twirling will always end up in a tennis
> ball sized mass.

Oh, I neglected to mention that I put the fork at the EDGE of the mound of
spaghetti. Plunging it into the middle and twirling will result in a ball
somewhere between a grapefruit and a cantaloupe in size.

Bob

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nancy Young wrote on 27 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

>> I'm with you ... just twirl it on the fork, make sure you get
>> just the right amount and put it in your mouth. One of my
>> favorite dinners, along with meatballs and hot Italian sausage
>> (I usually have one or the other at any given meal).

> NANNERS!!! You're back...boy I missed you.

I missed you, too! I'm so happy to see you.

(hug) nancy

Damsel wrote:

> How do *you* get 'sketti from the plate to your mouth?

1) put plate on potters wheel
2) stick fork into spaghetti, and hold steady
3) run wheel until enough spaghetti has wrapped itself around fork