How do you explain AMB to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
>
> Uh, it's sort of like an internet bike club. No, it's not a web site. No, it's not chat. No, it's
> not a listserve or email. Not a web site either. And, duh, NOT a part of ao-hell.
>
> It's about 100 guys and five women from all over the world who like to
talk
> mountain biking. It's like a post ride beer bash bull session on someone's deck with every type of
> personality and rider. Sure we meet up for rides when we don't know each other... what's so weird
> about that?

The only times it's come up is when I've worn my trusted AM-B headband of 2002. Then it's just
another Usenet group. Or a web site for all they know!

Dave (Hey, JustaDick, quit throwing out the chum, no ones biting tonight!)

> Actualy, the volume controls in my program are large buttons on the left side of the screen. I am
> working to integrate an MP3 player into the program, though i have yet to get it so it will work
> with playlists like Windows Media Player (haven't tried winamp so i can't compaire). i need it to
> have the same functionality, but it needs to be integrated or the control buttons will be hidden
> (this is all in VB6 BTW).

Sounds cool. It will be a fun project.

I had mine in my car for about a year. The problems with PCs in cars are several. Switching power
supplies are electrically very noisy; it is quite a challenge to avoid horrible ground loops. And
bootups can be lengthy unless you suspend or hibernate (I made a standby power system with a
separate isolated battery for mine for short stops). But the biggest problem is standard PC
motherboards and components don't handle the extreme environment of a car very well. You can have a
temperature swing of 100 degrees or more in a day, especially in the winter. These heat cycles will
take its toll in short order. Automotive engineers laugh at "mil spec" components; they won't last.
So expect failures pretty often.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:31:11 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

FINALLY A THREAD WORTH READING!

What a hoot,

bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
| > P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
| > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > > news:[email protected]...
| > >> Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
| > >
| > > It's a virtual toilet that is in constant need of flushing. That seems to get the point across
| > > quite succinctly.
| >
| > who peed in your cornflakes today?
|
| Aww, it's just Pete post-humping again. Ever notice that he has a particular hard-on for
| your posts?

LOL.

So merely responding to a question is "post humping" now?

Damn you're funny.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Cinder Girl wrote:
> "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Pete F says:
>>
>>
>>>Why do you assume that someone "peed in my cornflakes"?
>>>
>>
>>I thought they were peed in at the factory. Always tasted like it, anyway.
>>
>>;-)
>>
>>Steve
>
>
> We used to get Kix, always Kix, no matter how much we begged for chocolate coated sugar bombs.
> Remember the ad? Kid Tested Mother Approved. We figured the kid tested, gagged, then the mother
> approved.

good ol' kix. Much better than rice chex, or plain shredded wheat....

my parents bought me "sugary" cereal (IE, lucky charms) all of 3 times my entire childhood.

Thank god its in the dining halls here, saved me loads of therapy ;)

Jon "Commander" Bond actually been eating a lot of frosted flakes and frosted shredded wheat....
gotta be frosted. Still getting up the nerve to try and put them in chocolate milk!

MattB wrote:
> "Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>... My wife was definitely leery of going to Fruita a couple of years ago to ride with some freak
>>>I met online. She's warmed up to the idea a little and the Freak quite a bit, but she still
>>>thinks I'm not suspicious enough of online contacts...
>>
>>I have yet to convince my wife to participate in "a meeting". She's seen me come back a number of
>>times without having a kidney stolen or anything, but it still freaks her out too much to actually
>>participate.
>>
>
>
> So you still got two kidneys? What's your blood type?
>
> Matt (you gotta come over for a ride some time!)

Hey, I've got dibs! This ice I've got in the bathtub at the motel 2 (a lot cheaper than a motel 6)
isn't going to last too long ya know...

Jon "Commander" Bond

[email protected] wrote in message
> > Yeah, but some of the skid marks on the
> > bowl don't seem to want to Vanish.
>
> >JD
>
> Well, considering the biggest one is over 6 foot long, it's not going to vanish easily. Sooner or
> later, someone will find a plunger big enough to send it to the sewer where it belongs :))

But, it says here that you are only 6':

"29 year old male, 6 foot tall, red hair, thin build, blue eyes seeks young busty playthings, age
18-21 in Erie, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland area to travel to play and serve me on weekends. Two
girls or more preferred. Come have fun with me!!!!!!!!!"

What do you want them to serve you, ice cream?

JD

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> MattB wrote:
> > "Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >>>... My wife was definitely leery of going to Fruita a couple of years ago to ride with some
> >>>freak I met online. She's warmed up to the idea a little and the Freak quite a bit, but she
> >>>still thinks I'm not suspicious enough of online contacts...
> >>
> >>I have yet to convince my wife to participate in "a meeting". She's seen me come back a number
> >>of times without having a kidney stolen or anything, but it still freaks her out too much to
> >>actually participate.
> >>
> >
> >
> > So you still got two kidneys? What's your blood type?
> >
> > Matt (you gotta come over for a ride some time!)
>
> Hey, I've got dibs! This ice I've got in the bathtub at the motel 2 (a lot cheaper than a motel 6)
> isn't going to last too long ya know...

Tom, whatever you do, DON'T FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT ANY CARS!!!

Bill "sure-fire way to not even get to Jon's tub" S.

[email protected] wrote in message
> > Yeah, but some of the skid marks on the
> > bowl don't seem to want to Vanish.
>
> >JD
>
> Well, considering the biggest one is over 6 foot long, it's not going to vanish easily. Sooner or
> later, someone will find a plunger big enough to send it to the sewer where it belongs :))

Now that was a very "authoritative spank."

Spider

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:31:11 -0800, Penny S. wrote:
>
> > Uh, it's sort of like an internet bike club. No, it's not a web site. No, it's not chat. No,
> > it's not a listserve or email. Not a web site either. And, duh, NOT a part of ao-hell.
>
> Funny that Usenet is such an "odd" thing to people, given that its been around for longer than any
> website.
>
> > Sure we meet up for rides when we don't know each other... what's so weird about that?
>
> When my wife asks me who I'm driving a few hours to ride with and I say "its some guy from the
> Internet", I can't help but think it just sounds a little dirty. But its always been good. People
> are generally nicer in "real life" anyway.

I've hooked up with about ten or more of you yayhoos for rides, and the only big surprise was how
tall the Freak really is. What a shock that you all behaved well enough to pass the "safe with
children" test. Just lucky I guess.

Paladin

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> MattB wrote:
> >
> > People think it's strange. My wife was definitely leery of going to Fruita a couple of years ago
> > to ride with some freak I met online. She's warmed up to the idea a little and the Freak quite a
> > bit, but she still thinks I'm not suspicious enough of online contacts.
> >
>
> Try telling people you ( lone female) are going to drive 5 hours to ride with some guys you met in
> an internet bike club. Now that will get you some strange reactions. They relax a bit once I tell
> them I had my own place to stay.
>
>
>
> > I tell people it's like a BBS (bulletin board system) who may have been around when you used to
> > actually dial directly into a big computer system, or at least heard of them. I have such a
> > diverse group of friends and activities that there's always someone I hang out with or something
> > I do that is a total mystery to somebody else I know.
>
> my best moment in Idaho... stiing around shooting the breeze with the guys, and I mentioned that I
> had gotten an email from someone. "he'd better not be hitting on you...asshole... we'll kill him"
> ( or something like that) was the comments. Heh, heh. You could see the hackles going up. That was
> sweet. At least that's how I remember it....

We're pathologically possessive and protective, once we've spilt blood together. Paladin

"Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> | > P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> | > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | > > news:[email protected]...
> | > >> Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
> | > >
> | > > It's a virtual toilet that is in constant need of flushing. That seems to get the point
> | > > across quite succinctly.
> | >
> | > who peed in your cornflakes today?
> |
> | Aww, it's just Pete post-humping again. Ever notice that he has a particular hard-on for your
> | posts?
>
> So merely responding to a question is "post humping" now?

In your case, yes.

> Damn you're funny.

Why, thank you.

Spider

"Penny S." wrote:

> Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
>
> Uh, it's sort of like an internet bike club. No, it's not a web site. No, it's not chat. No, it's
> not a listserve or email. Not a web site either. And, duh, NOT a part of ao-hell.
>
> It's about 100 guys and five women from all over the world who like to talk mountain biking. It's
> like a post ride beer bash bull session on someone's deck with every type of personality and
> rider. Sure we meet up for rides when we don't know each other... what's so weird about that?

Print out this entire thread and make whoever you are trying to explain it to read it... "That is
what alt.mountain-bike is!!!"

:p

Jimbo(san)

SPACE COWBOY? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Yur a nut. Not of the common variety. Time to ride.

TJ " with my ID 10 Tango card"

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
>
> My name is not Lucy, so I don't have to 'splain anything.
>
> If the choice is made to attempt, it's usually described as some cool people who ride and a few
> idiots. The latter of the two being good for a laugh and sometimes even pity.
>
> JD I'm a space cowboy, bet you weren't ready for that

P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> | > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | > news:[email protected]...
> | >> P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> | >>> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | >>> news:[email protected]...
> | >>>> Your spouse? Your relatives? Your biking pals? Your friends?
> | >>>
> | >>> It's a virtual toilet that is in constant need of flushing. That seems to get the point
> | >>> across quite succinctly.
> | >>
> | >> who peed in your cornflakes today?
> | >
> | > Why do you assume that someone "peed in my cornflakes"?
> |
> | I guess I could have said, "Gee Pete, you seem a little grumpy today. Is everything OK?"
>
> And my reply would have been "Why do you assume that I'm grumpy?" Perhaps you should consider my
> comments again and also consider that there are a number of ways to interpret them, other than the
> narrow, pedestrian, way
in
> which you did.
>
> | Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
>
> ROTFLMPWAO. Are you for real? Hurt my feelings? Someone make it stop!

DIE FOREIGN SCUM, DIE!!!!!!!!!

Shaun aRe - I'm sooooo _mean_.

John Harlow wrote:
>>Currently developing a spin-off of the Linux DashPC, for windows. info about the Linux DashPC can
>>be found at their site (www.dashpc.com). expected release date of Win-DashPC: Unknown
>
>
> Been There Done That several years ago. Put a 6" touchscreen in my Vette;
>

Bwahahahahahahahaha, I should have known you drove a "Penis Extender"!

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:XQV%[email protected]... <snip>

| > Been There Done That several years ago. Put a 6" touchscreen in my
Vette;
| >
|
| Bwahahahahahahahaha, I should have known you drove a "Penis Extender"!

So there was this stereotypical Vette owner at the track a few weeks ago.

He brought his female companion thing with him, he was of shorter stature, he was oldish, and he had
some hair challenges.

He was driving a Z06 that he had supercharged and he and hunny-bunny were cooing about how he had
already blown two engines, "that's so cool" and that the last one was because he was running nitrous
during a freeway race.

It was so insipid people were retching.

To make a long story short this "racer" spent the entire day getting lapped by every car in our run
group, including a stock Civic DX.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled bmx bashing.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

p.s. No idea about his penis size.

Status
Not open for further replies.