How do you go about starting a cycling group?

Hugh82

Oct 5, 2007
How do you go about starting a cycling group? My thread name is pretty much all I need to ask!

Hugh82 said:
How do you go about starting a cycling group? My thread name is pretty much all I need to ask!
I'm not sure if you go to school. But, starting a cycling group with your school is pretty easy. Most likely you would just need an advisor for the group. Starting a group outside of school is something I do not know much about. You can maybe chat with your LBS, and get something going there. I might also recommend just searching for a cycling group around your area. The group will probaly have many members already that will ride with you.
smile.gif

Get two or more people together and decide what you want to do concerning cycling and then decide whether you want to get more people involved... If so, then you should decide on bylaws to guide the group so that it remains the type of group you want to belong to, or else accept that it may evolve into something you no longer care to be a part of.

If you are concerned about tax exempt status there are laws to be concerned with.

If you are going to have organizational events, there will probably be legal or insurance issues to consider.

If you just want to meet once in a while and talk about cycling, I am available in the Wilkes-Barre area.

:)