How Do You Pimp Your Ride?

I usually just go for a nice set of tires and spokes, maybe some racing decals and extra accessories. Nothing too fancy though.

My bike is one of the simplest, no stickers, no frills. My intention for my bike is for biking and not showing off. Pardon me for that, I didn't mean to say that stickers or frills are for showing off. What I really mean is the purpose of my simple bike - just for biking and nothing more. Besides, it is a cheap bike, hahahaa. In fairness to me, I bought a quite expensive bike before but I ran out of fund which made me sell it. I felt that expensive bikes give me bad luck so I stick with the cheap ones.

I rock 3 baskets like nobody's business. Function before appearance for me, and I ride with confidence. Also got extra reflective tape on the back fender. Uber coolness right there. LOL

I wear a large pink fur pimp hat along with my pink pimp bike kit. Say that sentence 10 time real fast.

I don't ride a bike to show off, so I don't pimp anything; I don't pimp my cars either. Why pimp either the bike or myself with racing or promotional **** when I don't race nor belong to the racing team nor employed by the company I'm pimping? That to me is just being a fake, or what I call a drugstore racer. And why wear a billboard on your Jersey? The company you're advertising charges you $100 or so for a Jersey with their logo printed as gaudy as they can make it when they should give the Jersey for free to promote their product! I just wear plain colored shorts and jerseys with no advertising.

Aren't I weird?

ANY bike I work on gets decent pedals. I order a couple extra sets of good plastics pedals for just the occasion.
It's a lot of fun when people notice the little addition I secretly added on =)

I don't consider what I got for my bike pimping. Saddle bag, pump, lights - the necessities. I'm not one to pimp my ride (bike or car) to call any unnecessary attention to it. I don't want any eyes turning on my bike, for I do fear the bad people stealing it. So the less conspicuous my equipment is, the better I feel.

I like lights, so I guess you could say I pimped my bike out with lights. No neons though!

In the past I've gone for special valve caps but found out the hard way that they get stolen way too easily. My next set of tyres I'm going to get the manufacturer logo's painted white or something.

DancingLady said:
I rock 3 baskets like nobody's business. Function before appearance for me, and I ride with confidence. Also got extra reflective tape on the back fender. Uber coolness right there. LOL
Nice. My feeling is the same. All 5 of my bikes have a primary or secondary utilitarian purpose. Even my fixed gear has an expandible trunkbag/seatpost rack combo.

They've all got fenders, racks, panniers, lights. Nothing fancy except the comps. Being carfree allows me to keep ahead of any maintenance issues. Each bike has the best I can afford. Plenty of reflective material. Yeah, that's right "Fredliness is next to Godliness".

I have not tried upgrading or changing anything that came along with my bike. I love it the way it was made and I am not good at putting up a certain look that I may regret later. It is not cheap buying a new bike and more so pimping it just to have some regrets later on

I have pimp lights...for my personal amusement.
Customized grips.
Customized fender.
My super gel seat cushion that some day I will marry.
My Beats Pill set up & iPhone setup
A back rack attached on the front when necessary