How DO you pronounce " fauxpus".......

Albert 50

Apr 18, 2006
......because I will probably run into him one day & don't want to sound like an ignorant ****, please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albert 50 said:
......because I will probably run into him one day & don't want to sound like an ignorant ****, please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's faux pas I believe, and don't worry with his reputation, your **** won't get ignored by him:D:D:D

mysrh said:
It's faux pas I believe, and don't worry with his reputation, your **** won't get ignored by him:D:D:D
It's definitely Faux Pas - pronounced "for par". It's a french term.

nerdag said:
It's definitely Faux Pas - pronounced "for par". It's a french term.
French, but it is pronounced "pho pa" in English. Means "false step" in French. It entered English a long time ago, where it is used to mean a social gaffe.

Not to be confused with the english acronym with similar pronunciation FUPA haaa maybe that got some laughs if anyone has heard it before.

What you mean he's only acting on tv?!?!....................

never enjoyed little brittain, too predicable and repetitive.

Phill P said:
What you mean he's only acting on tv?!?!....................

never enjoyed little brittain, too predicable and repetitive.

Or as my crusty old gunnery sergeant used to say FUBAR!!!!

Syrio Forel said:
Some people didn't think so :D
Yeah well you did start to wonder with how much time those guys spent in drag!

They're likely stinking rich by now, so they can act and dress how they like I guess (within the bounds of the law of course...)

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/f/f0055800.html

Click listen...

The Little Britain skits vary. There are some that get boring as there's little difference to the one before, then there are some that are absolutely painful to watch, like the granny-feliac, and the prime minister ones...

But Daffyd Thomas rocks! That's what the TdF needs, Team Bum Fun!

Lol, I don't see many people admit that he's gay in public. It's like he's yelling in the town central introducing himself.

But I like his ay of telling joke:D...well... I hope it's a joke :p

fauxpas said:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/f/f0055800.html

Click listen...

The Little Britain skits vary. There are some that get boring as there's little difference to the one before, then there are some that are absolutely painful to watch, like the granny-feliac, and the prime minister ones...

But Daffyd Thomas rocks! That's what the TdF needs, Team Bum Fun!
Hey the famous guy finally replies. Can I have your signature on my *beep*, Mr Faux Pas...please....?

I think you'll find the joke about "the only gay in the village" is that he has never had a "partner" but is trying to be as gay as possible and likes being an outragous gay and the only one around.

IF i were gay I'd actually be offended as it seems to poke fun at the personality of some gay men.

Phill P said:
I think you'll find the joke about "the only gay in the village" is that he has never had a "partner" but is trying to be as gay as possible and likes being an outragous gay and the only one around.

IF i were gay I'd actually be offended as it seems to poke fun at the personality of some gay men.
He may find, when his "luck" changes, his name may be pronounced Fux Puss! :eek: