how do you relax after a ride?

JSWin said:
How is it that they told bikers that smoking a cigarette would expand their lungs years ago? They believed that load of bull too. It really doesn't make any sense to me when anyone smokes cigarettes and is a biker. Lol what is the point?
The ride depends upon the time of day. I usually try to keep moving. Fuel up before the ride especially the night before.
Why smoke and bike you say?I'm a never smoker(or drinker) and even I can answer this. For me, biking is 10% about fitness and 90% about enjoyment and relaxation. If you think about it this way, it makes perfect sense. They smoke to relieve stress and bike to do the same thing.

Btw, a child was just born when this post was made and is now training for a junior cycling event....I'm a college grad and have been for a few years now....I was an 11th grader in high school when this post was made...Bush was in his first term as president.....Usb drives were 100 dollars for 124 mb of data....Frankfurters use to cost a nickle....Scientist just discovered the world was flat....Colombus just landed in America.... :D

Usually after a ride my group and I go out for lunch or sit around in the backyard with some drinks.
There's also a really nice sports complex nearby so sometimes after mountain biking we'll grab a quick shower and then go for a swim or chill out in the hot tub.
Especially after a tough ride, going for a swim is a great way to stretch out your muscles and relax.

Usually pretty tired after a ride, so probably come home, sit down, sometimes fall asleep, sometimes play a PC game and listen to some music :p And drink plenty of water and have something to eat, cos I'm usually pretty hungry too!

I usually need to take a shower after a long ride. This helps kick off the relaxation process. There's a nice coffee shop & bistro nearby that I enjoy visiting over the weekends and after intense bike rides. Like to spend about an hour or two there with good company, helps me to unwind. Alternatively, a picnic in the park with the family is another good way for me to get grounded again.

Oddly enough I usually feel so refreshed and energized after a ride its pretty hard to come down from. But when I do finally settle down I usually just chill out on the couch and unwind. Might browse around on the internet for a while. Then catch a movie and go to sleep. Typically how it goes for me.

First grab a recovery drink, a bit of food then sit in my living room listening to music where I might or might not doze off for a bit.

And by the way Canadian beer is weaker than European beer, America is in last place for beer strength...heck it isn't even really beer, it's just water colored a light amber with a nasty taste added that needs to be served ice cold just to make palatable.

Ralph Ray said:
I am so wired after a ride the only way I can wind down is after I had sex with the wife. (why do you think I ride all the time)
If I suggested this I would either get sacked or divorced for making her to travel back and forth from work all the time! ;)

For me its a hot shower or bath and if at home then a nice G&T or Beer!