How do you remove cassette without special tool?

If saying the truth to save some cheap ******* time, trouble and money...then yes - they are all assholes. I am also a cheap ******* - that's why my search brought me here, but I'm convinced now to buy the tool.

BTW JustSayin - I never heard your brilliant answer?

Originally Posted by justsayin .

wow the majority of the responses to this guy/gal are from a bunch of assholes!!
Wow, you joined these forums just to post that to a six year old thread!

Originally Posted by justsayin .

wow the majority of the responses to this guy/gal are from a bunch of assholes!!

assholes!
Really, I only spotted one asshole response on the thread.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Really, I only spotted one asshole response on the thread.
Is a spotted asshole a different specie or just different in appearance?
Sorry I couldn't resist.

The cheapest way to do this is to borrow the tools from a buddy. I just did this Tuesday night. Took 10 minutes and cost me the time hanging out with another cyclist who was almost as excited about my new wheel set as I was.

Originally Posted by 616fun .

The cheapest way to do this is to borrow the tools from a buddy. I just did this Tuesday night. Took 10 minutes and cost me the time hanging out with another cyclist who was almost as excited about my new wheel set as I was.
This shows exactly what I like about this forum. Even the guys who are too cheap to buy their own tools know better than to try to fake it and end up breaking something.

Good job, 616fun. Now your buddy knows what to get you for your birthday.

[COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]You can skip the chain whip, just insert the lock ring tool into a vice, where you would use a wrench, then place the lock ring down into the tool and turn the rim counterclockwise with your hands. This gives you loads of leverage.[/COLOR]

Just like this:
Two 13/16" nuts locked down by a 7/8" on a 1/2" bolt.