How Do You Run the Cable to the Rear Derailler?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tommy Taylor, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Tommy Taylor

    Tommy Taylor Guest

    I cabled my Santa Cruz Superlight. I've been having some ghost shifts and it may be related to
    cabling. The cable to the rear derailler goes thru a vertical piece of metal, that is probably
    called the swingarm. I wasn't sure how to run the cable and housing through this area. I put a
    ferrule on the end of the housing...and placed it tightly up to the small hole in the swingarm. I
    suspect this is the source of the ghost shifts. How should I proceed?

    The chain is fairly new and still meets specs. The chain has been running with the same cassette and
    rear derailer...on another bike.

    I checked www.sheldonbrown.com.

    Tags:

  2. Tommy Taylor

    Tommy Taylor Guest

    . I suspect this is the source of the ghost shifts. How should I
    > proceed?

    I emailed the question to Santa Cruz Bicycles. They promptly responded that I should use a ferrule
    with a nosepiece to go through the swingarm.

    Is there an online source for ferrules with a nosepiece?

  3. Would this be like what you're referring to?

    https://secure2.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=Icycles&BusTy
    pe=BtoC&Count1=453350245&Count2=370490670&Target=products%2Easp&CategoryID=1 3

    "Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > . I suspect this is the source of the ghost shifts. How should I
    > > proceed?
    >
    > I emailed the question to Santa Cruz Bicycles. They promptly responded
    that
    > I should use a ferrule with a nosepiece to go through the swingarm.
    >
    > Is there an online source for ferrules with a nosepiece?

  4. Tommy Taylor

    Tommy Taylor Guest

    "Dave Thompson" wrote in message ...
    > Would this be like what you're referring to?

    Yes...ordered Thanks!