How do you say . . . Udon noodle?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Renee, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Renee

    Renee Guest

    As someone suggested, I found my Udon noodles in the refrigerated (produce)
    section of an Albertsons (Thanks for the tip) so I made my Emeril's Cold
    Noodle Salad last night. Couldn't find the black sesame seeds it called for
    but I'll check the Asian market next time I'm there.

    It was very good and I plan to put it on my cook-out menu in the future.
    Only trouble is, I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me
    out here?

    TIA

    Renee

    Tags:

  2. jacqui{JB}

    jacqui{JB} Guest

    "Renee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Only trouble is, I have no idea how to pronounce Udon.
    > Can anyone help me out here?

    :) Oo-don ("don" like "Donald").

    Good stuff, noodles ... udon, soba, ramen. Don't forget to slurp; it really
    does enhance the flavor.
    -j
    (who spent a week in Kyoto in July)

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Renee wrote:

    > Only trouble is, I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me
    > out here?

    OO-don.

    Bob

  4. In article <[email protected]>, "Renee"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me out here?
    > Renee

    OOO-don, not YOU-don.
    --
    -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/3/05 New York-Vermont tab (a
    couple pictures added to the 7/29 note on 8/5)

  5. In article <[email protected]>, "Renee"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me out here?
    > Renee

    OOO-don, not YOU-don.
    --

  6. Melba's Jammin' said:
    > "Renee" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me out here?

    > OOO-don, not YOU-don.

    as in? ...<joke>

    Researchers have concluded that there are only 4 basic types of
    female orgasms:

    1 - The "Positive" orgasm - Oh Yes, oh YES!....OHH...YES!!
    2 - The "Negative" orgasm - Oh No, oh NO!......OHH...NO!!!
    3 - The "Religious" orgasm - Oh God, Oh GOD!.....OHH...GOD!!!!
    4 - The "Fake" orgasm - Oh Don, Oh Don!....OHH...DON!!!!!

    </joke> (insert name of choice, of course!)

    OK, which is it?

    "oh" (see above)

    or

    "ew". As in "ew-w-w-w-w" Which isn't the same as the previously
    noted "you".

    --
    So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
    have some sympathy, and some taste.

  7. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:20 GMT, Renee wrote:

    > As someone suggested, I found my Udon noodles in the refrigerated (produce)
    > section of an Albertsons (Thanks for the tip) so I made my Emeril's Cold
    > Noodle Salad last night. Couldn't find the black sesame seeds it called for
    > but I'll check the Asian market next time I'm there.

    that will work, also try the spice rack in your local green market.

    > It was very good and I plan to put it on my cook-out menu in the future.
    > Only trouble is, I have no idea how to pronounce Udon. Can anyone help me
    > out here?

    The u is pronounced like the oo in noodle (zoo and boo).

  8. Aaron Hashimoto

    Aaron Hashimoto New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2012
    no no... not donald its u (ohh la la) do ( i am a donar of blood) n (nnnot) u-do-n