How do you stay in shape in the winter?

"Rick Osborn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you train indoor (rollers), run, dress warmly and ride anyway??

Ride all winter long, provided you wear the right clothing for it.

Play hockey.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:56:31 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Slacker wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:42:32 +1300, Westie
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I eat lots and drink beer.
>>> That way when the weather warms up and the riding is perfect, I can
>>> justify spending an unnatural amount of time with my bike with the
>>> approval, nay, blessings, of the wife just by saying that I need to
>>> lose a few pounds.
>>> -- Westie
>>> "A plan so cunning..."

>> hehehe :) Pure genius.. I love it.

> Wait a sec. I thought you said you do that all year round. :)

I do, but I'm not married :) :)

--
Slacker

And you wonder why ;-)

CG

Rick Osborn said:
Do you train indoor (rollers), run, dress warmly and ride anyway??
It is rarely too cold in Israel to prevent you from cycling. If so - just travel an hour or so south to the desert, which is always warm enough *in day time only*. The temperature rarely drops below freezing in day time.
In fact, I swam in open sea early this morning, the water was perfect: This is *the* best sea-swimming season, the water is almost always flat, clear and not too cold, until the end of December.
Rain, even tough uncommon, could be heavy and sudden. I once left home cycling with mostly clear sky and ended up in a hale storm :eek: less than an hour later.
Also, the mountain areas, even though not too high, tend to be much colder and windier. Specifically mt. Hermon and the Golan heights, where the weather changes very suddenly, with strong winds.
Bottom line: In those few rainy days, I either cycle anyway, or use the trainer at home, or run.

Rick Osborn wrote:
> Do you train indoor (rollers), run, dress warmly and ride anyway??

Live and ride in Arizona. No indoor bs, dressing warmly is overkill and
riding anyway.

<(;-}

Gary

Carla A-G wrote:
> Play hockey.

I love when you talk dirty, no, really! <g>

Damn NHL........

gggrrrrrr

Gary

Carla A-G wrote:
> Play hockey.

I love when you talk dirty, no, really! <g>

Damn NHL........

gggrrrrrr

Gary

> Don't be like the wimps
>who didn't show up for today's ride because it was 48F. These are the
>same losers who'll ski when it's 10F. What the f*ck's the difference?

48F is nothing, it's the snow that makes the trails mucky where I live. We hit
the local gym for an hour everyday we can't ride. I think that keeps us in
better shape anyway, just not a much fun!!