How do you store your bike?

Originally Posted by mds2076 .

Two in the garage, one in the kitchen, three in the laundry, three in the computer room, and one in the bedroom (great for hanging clothes off). One stored at a friend's house in his shed.
May I show your post to my girlfriend the next time she complains about my measly six bikes? What's with all the Treks? Collecting bikes is no fun unless you mix them up a bit.

Keeping them inside is the best way I think. Hang it on the wall is kind of fun. Sheds and garages I'm not big on for the bike cause they get dirty. Chaining it up outside is a bad idea because they always walk.

I have mine chained up in the shed of the place where I live. The apartment complex has a few cameras and some of those are trained on the shed but I am not too sure if they would give the police a lot to go on if it was stolen. Even if it did the police probably wouldn't...

Anyway, I chain it up with two chains. One around the frame and the wall of the shed, and they other one goes through the chain, around the frame and around the back wheel. So if someone did make off with it they would have a hard time getting it away. Plus the chains have a plastic covering around them that adds to the security and also doesn't scratch the bike.

I have something that is sort of like an open garage that I store my bike in. I think that is honestly the best option is a garage type place.

When I was living in a flat, I was lucky enough to have a balcony, so I would carry the bike through the building and store it on the balcony, covered with a waterproof sheet. It was a bit of a pain to get it through the building, particularly when the tyres were muddy as I didn't want to leave a mark anywhere, however I enjoy cycling that much that not doing it was never an option for me. If you really struggle for space, you may wish to consider a foldable cycle, as this means that you would be able to put it somewhere else without it having to take up all of the room that you have available to you.

When I moved to the urban jungle I did not have the luxury of space and therefore I had to forget about cycling for a long time. I tried to come up with solutions like parking my bike on the garage of the building where I live in but there were theft issues and there are a lot of cars already occupying the cramped space. I could not take it to my room because I only have a tiny space enough for one.

Keyan said:
When I moved to the urban jungle I did not have the luxury of space and therefore I had to forget about cycling for a long time. I tried to come up with solutions like parking my bike on the garage of the building where I live in but there were theft issues and there are a lot of cars already occupying the cramped space. I could not take it to my room because I only have a tiny space enough for one.
Keyan, have you looked into hanging your bike on a wall? I just moved into an apartment and have the bike hanging on an empty wall because it did't think the balcony would be a smart option considering possible theft and/or weather damage. They make several options for wall hanging a bike, I'm sure you could come up with a way as well. I think this would be your best option as it'd be the most cost saving because you could use your bike for your commute and not have to pay for gas or the train fare.

Here are some wall hanging options, you'll see how simple they are and how easy it would be to come up with an alternate to save money:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/156340525/wooden-bike-hook-oak-wood
il_570xN.478245305_f22e.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203355339/ash-wood-bike-rackbike-hanger-bicycle
il_570xN.690526283_2qqa.jpg

I'm gonna be moving soon into a place that likely has no shed to store my bike so I'm looking into other options.

Those wall hanging ideas are pretty good. I don't know how much room I will have but I'll certainly keep the wall hanging option in mind. Thanks for that.