How do you track your gear or show off your ride?

paulsingh

Oct 4, 2009
I've been building/tinkering some widgets that allow users to input their ride(s) and, optionally, some of their other gear... and, then easily show that info as a widget in their Facebook, blog or even forum profiles.

Two questions:

1. Would that be useful for some of you guys?
  2. About your bike, what would you want to input? (i.e., year, make, model, components, etc... which fields should be required vs. optional?)
So, what do you think? :)

paulsingh said:
I've been building/tinkering some widgets that allow users to input their ride(s) and, optionally, some of their other gear... and, then easily show that info as a widget in their Facebook, blog or even forum profiles.

Two questions:

1. Would that be useful for some of you guys?
  2. About your bike, what would you want to input? (i.e., year, make, model, components, etc... which fields should be required vs. optional?)
So, what do you think? :)

What's Facebook?

Mostly I keep my gear in the trunk of my car until needed, and show off my ride by riding it around town. So.... I don't really use the internet for either of those things.

This sounds like a $ bragging widget more so then a "rider profile"

I do however have my rig setup in my sig on some forums. Most notably just the main portions of the bike - Year, Make, Model, Gruppo, Seatpost, Saddle, Stem, Wheelset, Bars, Accessories.

09 Felt F3SL - SRAM Red Brifters, FD, RD - SRAM Rival Brakes - Cinelli Ram CF Post - Prologo Nago Pas Saddle - FSA OS-99 CSI 80mm x 31.8 x +/-6 - Easton EA90 Aero's w/Open Corsa - XLAB Super Wing 2 co2, xnut w/nanoflator, tire bag, CF cages.

And when I start my Tri build, will probably follow suit with format.

Actually, I hacked some basic functionality together this morning -- would some of you guys be willing to give it a shot?

If so, just head over to paceline.cc and try it out. (You'll need to create an account, etc.)

Things still may be a bit buggy but it's good enough for you to enter your bike info and see what others have added. I'm working on building some stuff that will then allow you to put a widget into your forum sigs (or anywhere else you want to show it).

And, hopefully it goes without saying, let me know if you see any weird behavior. :)